weather

:mad:Did I mention that snow angers me?
Sunday, had to maintain deck and portion of yard for dogs.
Monday, first, shoveled the hip deep snow off of my 30X20ft roof (see picture). The walls were actually bowing. Shoveled driveway and deck/yard.
Tuesday, re-shoveled drive/deck/tard due to wind drifts (see other picture).
So, to answer the question, yes I am through with snow!!!!:mad:

Attachments

• sno 2.jpg
    sno 2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 124
  • sno.jpg
    sno.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 122
Hate to rub it in. But no snow here rode my streetfighter to dallas for Christmas and back home. It did get cold though made for a hella ride home. I ran into a few issues my 2 and 3 carbs started leaking and picked up a nail in a new rear tire. They don't patch them in Austin they want you to buy a new one. They claim its a liablitiy. I think thats bullshit I've been riding cycles since I was 14 and I'm now 37 and have always had good tires plugged never had a problem. Hell, I've worked in the motorcycle industry for roughly 15 years and have never heard of some getting injured plugging a tire. Think of it like this if a plug fails its just like picking up a nail you get a slow leak the tire doesn't explode or anything. Stealerships suck

Snow in abundance came early this year to Western NY. I usually race in the Hangover 150 on New Years day and in the last 5 years I cant remember having this much snow to deal with while towing the car to the track or dragging it back home. Maybe with the freezing temps we been having lake Erie will freeze up soon and we wont keep getting this lake effect crap. To all the riders in the south and south west who are enjoying your rides now, just remember we will be enjoying our rides when its so hot where you are that you need oven mitts to move your bike from the driveway to the garage. A Happy and safe New Year to everyone everywhere.............BG

A good weather site is wunderground.com if you don't know. It's pretty accurate about a week out. Enter your zip where it says Fast Forecast and bookmark the result.

^ Cool.. I like how they give you more detailed information than most weather sites.

Snow on Mt Lemon here. Not in the city though. But it's cold a ice cube around here.

Low 30's here today, with 40mph straight line winds, gusts around 60. Low tonight around 6 degrees, with light 15-20 mph wind. No snow recently. Nothing to stop the wind....It can snow 3 or four inches or over a foot here and we can get at least a foot for every inch of snow in drifts...The wind burns it off sometimes before it melts. Or it could be in the 60's next week...who knows. Panhandle of TX weather for ya.

65 today. Rain last night killed every trace of snow. Vrooom!

Been raining and freezing the last couple days. not liking it one bit. Oh well it's a chance to do lots of unnecessary maintenance to the XS.

65 here on new years eve. We got in a nice ride and had sushi for lunch, and then that other thing :). Rain on New Years, then cooling back down some.

John

I've managed to avoid most of the snow thus far, although it was damn cold the morning I flew out of Boston. I just got back to South Carolina from Florida. Already sold enough to extend my work vacation for another 2-3 months. I'm headed west next weekend. Vegas here I come!

51 degrees and raining in N.E.Ohio this morning. The snow is all gone and rain is predicted all day. I'd rather have the rain, we don't have to shovel rain.

Actually, I'd rather have 80 degrees and sunshine....but that ain't gonna happen in Ohio.

I've managed to avoid most of the snow thus far, although it was damn cold the morning I flew out of Boston. I just got back to South Carolina from Florida. Already sold enough to extend my work vacation for another 2-3 months. I'm headed west next weekend. Vegas here I come!

That sounds good. You keep talking about your work, where do we see it?

John

Back