Well I finally started my project....

Nice They'll look good. I've always like these risers

phonephotos1145.jpg

Nice They'll look good. I've always like these risers

phonephotos1145.jpg

those are nice.... I'm sure I'll end up making mine or building the risers in the bars.. I'm having to do this on the cheap... Married with two daughters= always broke....

Build the risers into the bars! That would look cleaner. I had these on mine mounted under the top tree until I decided to go with clip-ons for more sweep.

under+mount+xc+M+bars+003.jpg

under+mount+xc+M+bars+002.jpg

might want to check if your carbs clear your frame, unless your already have,I had clearance issues with the air pods or stacks mounted to them.

Not to criticise your build, because I do like the work on the tank and those bars and other stuff, but that rear shock set-up has been bothering me. Maybe some one can fill me in on how the shocks are supposed to work when the distance from the pivot on the swing arm to the lower shock mount is lots longer than the distance to the upper shock mount. Doesn't the sweep of movement to collapse the shock and provide suspension need to be in the same arc? It would seem that all you are doing is side loading the shocks and decreasing the collapability of the shock as the angle increases.

Shouldn't be an issue on the springs other that I will have to increase the spring rate and maybe change to a different shock to get the damping that I want.

O.k the shop is warmed up and I'm going in! Goal, to get the tank mount done today! Nobody bother me! :D

Got the tank mounts moved and engineered.... Now the tank is in it place it just needs some body work, I'll do that later.... Now to make up a set of window bars... Right after I have a cold Ziegen Bock... :D

temporary_zps603a4911.jpg

temporary_zps01cf3d14.jpg

temporary_zps51bb47c6.jpg

temporary_zps14c00607.jpg

temporary_zpsd816db50.jpg

They don't feel bad, but of course I'm not riding either.. .. If I don't like them I really don't have a lot in them.. I got plenty more tubing, I'll just make another set... :shrug:

temporary_zpsdbe4597e.jpg

I couldn't keep a battery on my anyhow and always had to kick start it, plus it will shave a few pounds as well...

Back