What are you smokin' today?

Here's an antique. Dad saved his cigar boxes, used them for storing unusual hardware, like SWRI leftovers.

Dangit, won't be going outside for a while, the dog just got sprayed by a skunk, and he follows me EVERYWHERE...

Attachments

• FincksBox.jpg
    FincksBox.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 100
  • FincksLid.jpg
    FincksLid.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 92
I am on 90W just a few miles outside of town, towards Castroville. Yes, I would love to get together with some XS guys, anytime just hit me up. I can't ride with you guys cuz the bike is in pieces, but would love to see y'alls rides. I tried to ride mine around the block when it first arrived from being shipped from up north from an ebay win. Unfortunately, it had a dead cylinder and the clutch cable was shot. I sold all the stock stuff on the bike to a fellow XS guy named Don. Not sure if he is on the forum or not. He answered my ad on craigslist and we have stayed in touch. He wants me to build him a motor in the near future.

Fincks store front is at 410 and west ave, largest walk in humidor in Texas. It is quite nice! Obviously, they offer other popular brands but they have quite a large selection of stuff they make themselves. Some of it is handmade and some is machine made. The long filler is usually a blend of Dominican and Nicaraguan. They also have a nice smoking room and you can even store your cigars in their humidor for a small fee (too rich for my blood). I don't know where their factory is, maybe downtown.

Last edited:
Here's an antique. Dad saved his cigar boxes, used them for storing unusual hardware, like SWRI leftovers.

Dangit, won't be going outside for a while, the dog just got sprayed by a skunk, and he follows me EVERYWHERE...

"swri leftovers" hmmm. I bet there is some neat stuff in there. Very cool boxes, They must be old because I certainly don't recognize them compared to their current fonts and styling. Cigar boxes are great for keeping old nick-nacks in.

What was that old bath recipe for skunk spray? I think it involved vinegar.

I'm down to just electronic cigarette's now, but damn I sure liked my Marlboro red's! :D
It's been 8 months and counting.:thumbsup:
No bad ink please, each to his own vices.:wink2:

Being from Canada, nothing beats a hand rolled Cuban in Havana. Mmmmm

I agree, I ordered three Hoyo De Montereys from Geneva, Switzerland to celebrate my son's birth. One for my pop, my bro, and myself. It was an awesome smoke! The importer obviously marked them up a fair amount and I had to pay international shipping, I think the price tag was around $55 for all three shipped, but well worth it.

Thanks goodgollyjosh! I got some first hand inspiration to quit.

I know what ya mean, lost my mom 1yr 8mo 14days ago to the Marlboro man ! Been on e cigs since. Some day i will lay those to rest too.

On a lighter note, one too many those would make a BAD ASS 3 string elect cigar box guitar, i have made 2 so far, they sound great to play some good ol delta silde blues guitar on. Do a youtube search for "whats a cigar box guitar" some awsome hauntingly cool blues ! Click on the link for "red dog guitars" you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED that is if'n you like the delta blues.

Sorry to hear about your mom TurboFarviknugn.
Yep, I will be laying off of the e cigs sometime in the future too.

Hell, I don't even drink because of personal and family history.
I'm a boring sob anymore!:laugh: I might live longer though....

Sorry to hear about your mom TurboFarviknugn.
Yep, I will be laying off of the e cigs sometime in the future too.

Hell, I don't even drink because of personal and family history.
I'm a boring sob anymore!:laugh: I might live longer though....

I will try to find the joke about quitting all the things one loves to live a longer life, it is truly HALLARIOUS !

I quit running around with painted wimmens in 1974 (When I got married)

I quit smoking in 1976.

I quit drinking in 1995.

Doc wants me to lose some weight (quit eating) and cut back on the caffeine (quit drinking coffee).

Dunno if I'll live any longer, but it'll sureashell SEEM that way! :D:eek:

I have been told to quit smoking.

My response has been that I quit 20 times daily. If necessary, I'll quit 30 times daily.

I have found reduced stress and my health and happiness improve when I quit listening.

Back