What have i done? First Build

I just went back and read your first post. You say it's a custom built frame? If so the steering head maybe set up to use a Harley front end. You will need to get a set of races for a Harely. They run from about $45 and up. Might find a set on Ebay cheaper.
Just checked your link gggGary, I think that's what he needs. As well as a set of the tapered kits for the 650. The Harley bearings won't fit the 650 trees.
Those races will make up the two inches you need.
Lots of people have tried to find bearings to fit the 650 steering head and trees. No ones found any yet except as a kit.
Might try looking at any local independent Harley shops. They may have a set kicking around.

Been a while since I put anything on here, got my motor back together. A friend of mine is gonna machine me some bearing cups to use tapered roller bearings for an xs650. I'll put up some more pictures once the bearings cups are done and the frame is rolling. Here is my motor for now,
5353142373_be50ceb175_b.jpg

Also painted my tank and have been removing the rust with electrolysis, it has been working amazingly well,
5353755884_e4379389cb_b.jpg

honda looks like a lotta fun.
I thought you had to use a manual battery charger for that? wont that just fry the battery? I dont know though, but would like to try de-rusting someday. Harbor freight has some cheap azz manual chargers.

I thought you had to use a manual battery charger for that? wont that just fry the battery? I dont know though, but would like to try de-rusting someday. Harbor freight has some cheap azz manual chargers.

he has a charger on it, look at the smaller clips on the battery clamps

I think a trickle charger with a battery as a rectifier/ballast is a valid way of doing the derusting. (haven't tried it myself)

Finally got around to posting again. Got my forks rebuilt, new tires, made some bearing cups (still need to weld them in and bought a miller welder off a friend), motor is mounted. It finally looks like a motorcycle and not just a pile of parts scattered around my garage.
Now I just have to do about 1 million more things and it will be done.
5454906187_b5bfdf6837_b.jpg

5454906283_6d3ab55d80_b.jpg

5455518114_c79b41886c_b.jpg

I hope you don't weld over that carpet, a stray spark could smolder undetected for hours and ignite when you are sleeping soundly in bed.

Looking quite good. If I were to do a chopper, it'd be something along your lines there.

Back