What have you done to your XS today?

Picked it up from new muffler install and road it 50 miles! Love winter in the Ozarks!
XS 650-67.JPG

Out of curiosity how much weight?

I did not weight before or after was just by simply picking up felt lighter. Dang I should of just for fun.

Disc looks great! I’m kicking myself for getting rid of my drill press. It took up a lot of room and got very little use. But I should’ve kept it.

I am lucky cause I have access to one at work and also a large vise which I used as a home made press. Handle is near 16" long...great big one! Got the wheel back on now also change up the speedo cable to a new one I got with a with a parts stash!20190202_134434.jpg

I also got these cooling fins for the 3 phase Windy Nation rectifier. Same size. Here is the link in case someone would want some.

View attachment 134349 View attachment 134350

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/264041046194

Maybe an electrical guru can chime in............From what i have read the size of the heat sink is important. taking away to much heat can have an adverse affect on the running affect of the rectifier. To cool and it wont do its job properly and to cold it can even make it run in reverse

Great looking tracker. Also the quietest XS650 I`ve ever heard.

I guess it's those tires. I've practically gone over in 1/2" of mud... would never be able to do that.

Maybe an electrical guru can chime in............From what i have read the size of the heat sink is important. taking away to much heat can have an adverse affect on the running affect of the rectifier. To cool and it wont do its job properly and to cold it can even make it run in reverse

Hey, Skull. That particular temperature consideration applies to RF designs, where the intrinsic capacitance is used to control frequencies, like in PLL circuits.

In our case, simple rectification of AC to DC, the more cooling the better.

A typical temperature-related current derating chart for rectifier diodes.
DeRatingRectifierTemps01.jpg

And, a chart that shows increased reverse-current leakage.
DeRatingRectifierTemps02.jpg

Shinko 255 Trail pro. They love gravel, yet still hang on great in the twisties at speed!
That stretch of water with mud underneath totally gives me the willies. Even that bridge that looks muddy does.

P.S. temperature rule for the electronics any of us will ever see is the cooler the better, yet if you can keep your thumb on it it's not too hot. The rule of thumb...

Back