What have you done to your XS today?

cruzin, maybe you should try to heat the hub some then try to knock them out.good idea to prewarm the hub before pressing the new race back in.

Some friends and I road out to the beach this morning.
hung out there for a while soaked up some sun. Then a good ride back.
Going back out in a little while for some more RnR :bike:

last few nights have been plugging away at tank mods. Hopefully the petcock bung comes in soon, another night and this might be done with all parts in hand.

Just got in from another ride. I'm having fun on this little hotrod.
Even had a couple diehard Harley riders tell me she sounds damn good. hell I agree. Also I found out that dem boys like to volunteer to kick her over fer me.
Hey Tim, It's was a great day here around 84f It put me in a great relaxed mood

Hey John, I had a good time I will take a ride just for You :thumbsup:

"Also I found out that dem boys like to volunteer to kick her over fer me."
There ya go! That's using your noggin'!:D
Thanks man,I went for the last ride here yesterday with a good buddy. It was right at 63f now it's in the 20's. I pulled the battery,cleaned and covered her up for a long sleep I'm afraid.

Hey Carbon---I'm glad your enjoying all the hard work that you have done, a good ride makes it all worth it. I was shoveling yesterday. ugh. tim

Mid 70's today.
Checked the tires.
Lubed the chain.
Rode to town.
Gassed 'er up.
Rode it around.
Saw a UFO.
Rode it home.

No snowplows here...

Attachments

• 20141130_170402.jpg
    20141130_170402.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 190
Today I started in on polishing 30 years worth of corrosion and rust and discoloration off my front hub. gotta make it look good for that chrome and stainless 21" rim. Its gonna be a process to get it looking like i want it to.

Took a ride into the Superstition Mountains yesterday. 75 degrees, bike running great, a perfect 80 mile jaunt. Hey TwoMany, that bag on the back of yours looks a lot like the one on mine!

roy

Attachments

• 12-3-14 005.jpg
    12-3-14 005.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 12-3-14 004.JPG
    12-3-14 004.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 181
... Hey TwoMany, that bag on the back of yours looks a lot like the one on mine!

Sure does!
For about 20 years I had been running a bicycle under-slung tote, attached to the grab bar.
BicycleBag.jpg

But, it was getting worn-out.
Then, last year I found an ideal-sized camera bag.
CameraBag.jpg

Just a tad taller, with straps at the right height.
SeatBag01.jpg

I laced up my first MC wheel! Ive done 36 spoke bicycle wheels before, but this monster was different for sure. easier in some ways, more difficult in others. took two tries and about 2 hours, but i got that sucker! I plan to write a thread about polishing the hubs and lacing the wheels up in a few days when i get the front done.

Looks great, Sparky. And Weston I think you should call them "Big Prov Bars" tim

Today, I looked at the RH rear exhaust hanger stud and discovered it's a welded-in part, so will need to drill it out and tap it for a setscrew. Vibration over the years has worn it waisted (and seriously elongated the hole in the muffler bracket).

Last edited:
Picked up my front and back wheels from cycle shop in Grand rapids today. They took my bearings out for me. Now I can get the wheels done. Bought some el-chepo tires for it also, and new black handlebars. Also made a 6 gallon of dark home brew the other day. The bike looks better with the brew.

Soaked in vinegar for 4 days then soda blasted.

Attachments

• IMG_20141210_120138_111.jpg
    IMG_20141210_120138_111.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_20141210_121653_886.jpg
    IMG_20141210_121653_886.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 173
Picked up my front and back wheels from cycle shop in Grand rapids today. They took my bearings out for me. Now I can get the wheels done. Bought some el-chepo tires for it also, and new black handlebars. Also made a 6 gallon of dark home brew the other day. The bike looks better with the brew.

Yep good ole home brew :thumbsup:
One of the triumph boy I know always brings home brew to yearly meetup n ride event.
:D

Stuck some 4 inch dogbone risers on my trike, along with some wider standard looking bars I dug up. The dogbones brought the bars back a little closer to me and wide bars make for easier steering on a trike. Next, it's going on a diet as the 650 is a little shy in the power department at freeway speeds. My trikes a tad heavy.

Back