What have you done to your XS today?

Oh dang.... I was trying to get his attention to see if he wanted to sell it, just my luck haha. I have been telling my wife about this green xs650 I saw in town and needed to track down again. I have only seen 4 xs 650s in this town and one is mine and now one is yours. Enjoy it, it looks great

Yeah, it was pretty well already spoken for via gentleman's agreement.

He just wanted to make sure it was all ready to go by the time I got down there that Saturday.

He had lots of folks offering to buy it from him, from the gas station attendant to the Service Manager at the Yamaha shop, LOL.

Luckily for me, Larry is a very stand up guy. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree good looking bikes.
I did some fiddling with the timing and plug gap.
getting ready to button up the open covers and go for the first long ride with the
Pamco 277° with Electrionic advancer Prototype Ignition.
I have the first XS650 and as of now the only one that has this in it :doh:
I just went for a short ride around the hood 1500 to 6000 rpm and up to 80 mph
the she ran great. :thumbsup:

Let me just say first that there are some amazing people on this board. Member cafefill sent some detailed instructions and even called me a couple times to help me do this.

I laced my first rim today, no big feat for some but I'm pretty proud.

BA6EBB2B-2617-4ECF-B1E7-7DE0963CFAFC_zpsorktydzh.jpg

Got my tank back from painter and fitted it roughly just to see what it's going to look like.i think it's turned out pretty good so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 160
Nice job!

I have yet to try my hand at that...looks great.

Let me just say first that there are some amazing people on this board. Member cafefill sent some detailed instructions and even called me a couple times to help me do this.

I laced my first rim today, no big feat for some but I'm pretty proud.

BA6EBB2B-2617-4ECF-B1E7-7DE0963CFAFC_zpsorktydzh.jpg

I whent thru all the motor mounts, and unbent the pull rod for the rear brake on my 71.
Nice job!

I have yet to try my hand at that...looks great.
lacing isn't tooo bad if you have such an awesome forum like this one!
It took me 3 hrs to do my first one, and 45 minutes for the other.
Truing is another subject altogether, though.

OMG Carbon you got clouds ;) Hehe, great video and yes the engine sounds great. I just took the 17 video marathon of your big bore series today. Love watching your work, thanks for sharing. ;)

Now that the bike is once again running on both cylinders, I finally completed the sidecar windshield installation this afternoon.
Next is put some carpet offcuts on the sidecar's floor and think about whether I can DIY a tonneau or bite the bullet and pay someone.
Only a half-inch of new snow today, it's gotta melt soon, eh?

thanks Glenn. I don't normally ride like that just wanted to show her in action.
Fred, I kinda would like sidecar bike. way cooler than a trike most times.
You had me rolling on the floor with your response to naming bikes. :thumbsup:

Back