What have you done to your XS today?

I've been doing good man. Still looking for that next XS!
Been busy,but not too busy to ride my Vulcan. Got to pony up the doe for some new tires soon. Put right at 6000 miles on her last riding season.:bike:
Looking to trade up in a couple of years to something bigger.
What kind of temps do you have this time of year man?

Spent a little time working on a new alternator cover yesterday after work. The perforated steel will match the custom side covers that I am finishing up too. Its not perfect, i eyeballed the whole thing and used a drill, 4" grinder & a couple of files. I spent a little over an hour on it and I am happy so far. Most of the time was spent hammering the radius and customizing to fit snug around the YAMAHA logo.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 175
I've been doing good man. Still looking for that next XS!
Been busy,but not too busy to ride my Vulcan. Got to pony up the doe for some new tires soon. Put right at 6000 miles on her last riding season.:bike:
Looking to trade up in a couple of years to something bigger.
What kind of temps do you have this time of year man?
I've put quite a few miles o my bikes too.
It's been getting up in the upper 80s already using the AC few hours in the afternoon.
bike tires don't last to long that's for sure.
Take it easy Brother :)

Spent a little time working on a new alternator cover yesterday after work. The perforated steel will match the custom side covers that I am finishing up too. Its not perfect, i eyeballed the whole thing and used a drill, 4" grinder & a couple of files. I spent a little over an hour on it and I am happy so far. Most of the time was spent hammering the radius and customizing to fit snug around the YAMAHA logo.

that cover looks great
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey---I'm with Carbon, that Alt/PMA cover great looking and functional also. tim

Love it! I'll take one please!

Today, I timed my Pamco and Powerdynamo PMA and made the kickstart work, without kicking back yihaa. Allso I switched my clutch lever, but dont think it will stay like that, even thhoug I like the clutch.. It just eats up too much of my cable, so spring gets stretched at the worm drive.

Gears shifts hard, like clonk... Not like a smoothe switch... Need to work on that or with a rebuild engine should it be like that until it settles!?

... yihaa...

Attaboy!

Gears shifts hard, like clonk... Not like a smoothe switch... Need to work on that or with a rebuild engine should it be like that until it settles!?

That's typical for the "stuck clutch" first shift of the day. Some of us free the clutch first by kickstarting with the clutch lever pulled-in, until it breaks free. Several threads in here on that.

If it continues during normal riding, you may have an internal clutch issue (warped/sticky/draggy plates, uneven length clutch springs, not enuff disengagement, ...etc.)...

TwoMany, ill pay notice wether its while driving, ive only taken a short trip after the timing and clutch lever shift.

Gears could be a little hard shifting, would shift, just felt a little hard.

I did the initial release holding the lever in, while kicking initially... They werent sticking....

Haven't done a thing yet, waited for the mailman to show up. ;)
Lookie Lookie ;) early Christmas present

Hi vsop,
if those Lectrons were a Christmas present you'd have to wait 9 months to install them.
OTOH, the postie brought them at just the right time for you to install them on Easter Sunday.

Finally had a warm day here in pa, got my 1981 XS650 started again the second time, first time leak gas out both air boxes, took off carbs and adjusted the floats. This time she fired and no gas leaks, no oil leaks and no exhaust smoke: the only thing that took awhile to kick in was the choke.

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Hi vsop,

if those Lectrons were a Christmas present you'd have to wait 9 months to install them.

OTOH, the postie brought them at just the right time for you to install them on Easter Sunday.

Nah, I'm not good at waiting.... ;)

3A9A0ADD-EB29-42D4-92D4-841982664165_zpsqxjcewq5.jpg

Mounted and ready to go....

Back