What have you done to your XS today?

pulled it outside for the first time. a few more mechanical items and then its down to finishing up the wiring.

image-2_zpsfcb5f409.jpg

image-3_zps3dcc3928.jpg

Installed an RFID system on the bike. Best purchase made, no more key, just a chip in the glove, a key fob, or wrist band

I like that a lot^^^

thanks Dieselchanic. Im really happy how its turning out. Ready to do another one. Each build i learn more and more. This is my third. First was an xs400 and that was a hardtail fix from the p.o it was cool when i built it, but when i look at photos now i realize it was a goofy looking bike. this one by far has turned out the best and i just want to keep going. Your bike is turning out rad too man.

thanks Dieselchanic. Im really happy how its turning out. Ready to do another one. Each build i learn more and more. This is my third. First was an xs400 and that was a hardtail fix from the p.o it was cool when i built it, but when i look at photos now i realize it was a goofy looking bike. this one by far has turned out the best and i just want to keep going. Your bike is turning out rad too man.

Anxious to hear how that ironhead wheel works out. Keep me posted.

And here's a sneak peak at some awesomeness I got coming from livingdeadmc..

u7a3utut.jpg

hi guys yesterday afternoon i have had my cv38 carbys soaking in white vinigar which has worked well as well as that i,ve stripped the carbys ,,and today i,ll start assembling them again regards oldbiker

Can I borrow these pics for my site?? Love this chopper!

thanks man! yeah no worries youre more than welcome to use them. do you need the files from me or can you snag them off the net? not too sure about technology. --- to everyone else--im running his killer mid controls.

Neanderthal, I like your bike, great style. I'm planning a similar cissy bar and rear seat set-up for bike No.2. Well done. Have you done a video?

ANLAF

thanks anlaf, ive always liked that rear seat set-up, reminds me of the 30's flat trackers almost. i dont have a video yet, but i figure when i kick it over for the first time ill get some. ill be sure to post the video when i do..although ill have to figure out how to do that first haha.

I don't want to get into the details but this is the culmination of a 3 day headache.

Attachments

• IMG_3756.jpg
    IMG_3756.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 170
Been riding some most days. Breakfeast and or lunch rides. Sometimes taking the long way home. Weekends I take longer rides. Getting hot though 100+F by 2 p.m. Fill the large cup with ice and some soda at the Mc D's or Carls jr. Put it in the large inside pocket of the denim jacket and you got a cold drink for an hour or 2.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 154
Not sure if I am going to run this "faux oil tank" or not.. I made it out 14ga stainless steel, so that I could polish it up.
IMG_35981_zpse0fbf0cd.jpg

Finally got around to mounting up my fender

IMG_36021_zps5a4252ba.jpg

hi guys well today i finally got new gaskets on the inlet boots of my cv38 carbys,, as well as the carbys were cleaned well ,, then yesterday i found 2 screws on the fuel bowl were stripped they were not 4mm ,,, so i tapped both the inside corner holees 5mm with a new tap ,, modified a couple of st.st dome head screws to fit ,cut them to length and put them in,also put a new length of fuel line hose on 1 fuel bowl drain ,,now they are mounted on the bike,,, i may drop the tank back on to get the bike kicking over ,,i am thinking of spraying me tank and side covers myself ,its only thoughts at the moment but i,m thinking about it ,so i,m happy with the work i,ve done the last couple of days regards oldbiker

Installed Old School Speed midset on my '82 "café roadster" - these are specially designed for us mature guys who can't bend over a pair of clip-ons or use rear sets comfortably anymore.

Attachments

• 22Jun2014_1.jpg
    22Jun2014_1.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 175
  • OSS mid brake_1.JPG
    OSS mid brake_1.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 168
  • OSS mid brake_3.JPG
    OSS mid brake_3.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 165
  • OSS mid shifter_1.JPG
    OSS mid shifter_1.JPG