What have you done to your XS today?

I just made a 2 day trip up through the Icefield Parkway, in the Rocky mountains, and my bike ran perfect. Trip covered 1126.3 kms, and gas consumption was 24.28 km/L or 57.1 mpg (US gallons). Weather was fantastic!

In the picture, I have just driven up the road you see at the bottom, and took the picture from a higher up location on the same road.

I agree with Gary
Do you have more pix?

Attachments

• Athabaska Falls.jpg
    Athabaska Falls.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_5771.jpg
    IMG_5771.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Icefield parkway 1.JPG
    Icefield parkway 1.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Icefield parkway 4.JPG
    Icefield parkway 4.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Icefield parkway 5.JPG
    Icefield parkway 5.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 219
I did the MC last year and did not replace the brake line "yet". - - - Stripped down and rebuilt the the caliper new vesrah pads, fork seals, dust boots, 160ml 10-30 motor oil each side, spiffed up the lowers a bit. Starting to look presentable. The brake is now period acceptable, maybe plus a bit.- - -
Much as I hate to let a runner go I'm thinking of selling it, I have a second 73 in the wings.
This bike is not perfect, chrome has pimples needs new paint to be sharp. some things are "fixed up" that would need to be replaced or have further work for show. shows 13K should be the right number. I've put about 500 miles on it, running well. Anyone want to throw out a "don't need to sell" asking price? I hate trying to decide value.

Hi Gary,
I'd ask for $2,500 and settle for not less than $2,000.
Improve the front brake by installing a stainless steel braid reenforced brake line and drilling the brake disk full of holes.
Or if you have a "bro with milling machine" get the disk slotted like an XS11.

dang I'm going to go out and start packing. Thanks RG

Some of the best motorcycling in the world is here in Alberta (and also in our neighbouring province British Columbia). Just be warned, if you come, you might not want to leave:D

Also, while the lakes look real inviting, if you fall in, you'll likely die due to hypothermia, as they are glacier fed lakes:yikes:

Some of the best motorcycling in the world is here in Alberta (and also in our neighbouring province British Columbia). Just be warned, if you come, you might not want to leave:D

Also, while the lakes look real inviting, if you fall in, you'll likely die due to hypothermia, as they are glacier fed lakes:yikes:

+1

Some of my best rides have been throughout British Columbia, and the especially in the Okanagan area. Really great roads, limited traffic, beautiful scenery, very nice people and when you get a speeding ticket...little to no worry that it will follow me back into Washington. :)

I especially like the free ferry rides across the lakes, and the excellent festivals all the small towns seem to have during the summer.

Very much recommend riding in Canada.

Hey guys finally got my gas tank painted and side covers too and and started today, now All I need is an exhaust and then inspection.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
last weekend ran like crap, left side popping and spitting. today sprayed all orifices and jets in left carb with 2+2. back to one kick, rode a couple miles, felt good. way different feel than the roadking. now a question, it has early conical riser bushings, has anybody replaced these with anything(skateboard truck bushings or holed rubber stoppers)?

Pieced together some more bits today, rear brake lever and rod. Sizing up front brake set up, ordered appropriate length stainless brake line. Assembled my head, performed leak test on valves, all looks good.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_8248.JPG
    IMG_8248.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 223
Back