What is the average age of this group ?

I'm 42, been riding since I was 5, mostly dirtbikes, had an 81 GS1100 for my first street bike.

I've always rode dirtbikes and still do but I only have about 6 or 7 seasons on the street.

Just bought my '78 XS650 about two months ago.

I'm 42...... Have had only one other bike and it was a '83 KDX200 woods bike.... I have been more in to cars and drag racing... I got a 1965 Impala that I built a few years back and I really enjoy driving it around........I have been wanting to do a bobber project for a while and finally got a 1975 XS650. Not going to cut up though... I will find another to sacrifice....

20, im a young dude with an old soul , im about the only one of my friends that into the stuff im into basicly anything with an engine and a throttle ,besides a lawn mower haha, while all my friends are out spending the few dollars they have on drugs an alchohol an chasing tail on a friday night im sitting at home wrenching on my bike having my not so old lady hand me tools we bouth love it, well i do its a dying hobby with the way thing are now days expecialy the econmy i truely feel blessed to be able to do what i do an love it but by no means am i rich i dont even have a job an momy an dady dont pay my way, but what im trying to say is its a dying hobby an its sad to see, an for every person around my age on here there is 10 over twice my age, iv been riding since i was 5 my grandfather had a mini bike that my mother road when she was about the same age an when i was good he would pull it out the shed gas it up strap a helmet on my mellon an show me the gas an brake an say let it rip an oh boy did crash manny times i remember my first stitches were from that bastard of a bike but ya know i guess i can say it all started there an been going strong ever since, my first motorcycle was a late 70's earlly 80's kawasaki 900 when i was about 16 an got it for 80 bucks from a friends uncle not runing he said the starter went out an parked it an sat for about 7 years because he had a bad knee an couldnt kick start it , so i belived him an took it home put gas in it an a little starting fluid and kicked the hell out of it for about three days for a few hours a day an first got a little bang than a brum than a vroom an kept going until it finaly stayed runing an rode it an damn it was scarry fast i loved going full throttle revving to 9k poping it up when i shift an man some one offered me 450 so i sold it befor i got hurt an had about 5 0r 6 bikes inbetween an no bs about 30 cars i buy em fix em an sell em thats how i pay for my hobby, an then i got my 650 in peices so i put it back together almost done plan on keeping this one forever an im getting my liscense next month at the eagels nest in lodi ca an ill b on the road....legaly, mabe are paths will cross one day so untill the then fun an safe riding too all, an ya know i have this to add also its not about what u ride its about how u ride it an how it makes u feel when u ride it thats all that counts no matter if its a beet up hammy down freebie or a $100K dollar show chopper on the inside the feeling is the same an no one can take that from you well not from me anyways

I'm 69 years old and have been riding for over fifty years---I remember my first bike well because I pushed it a half-mile for every 10 miles I rode, it was a flathead , tank shifted Harley---I'm having fun with my street tracker modded up XS and that's all that counts---To old to push

38 here. Been on some form of 2 wheeled, motorzied transport since the age of 2 or 3 when I was sat down and taken for a ride on a Honda Trail 70. Ridden a multitude of bikes since then but have been without my own since 2001

41 on July 1st. Been riding 24 years? First bike was a Honda Shadow 500, thought about buying another one (they have seem to gone up in value since I bought mine???) to relive "that" moment... next project after MoneyPitXS will be a Moto Guzzi... something different.. never owned any bike except Japanese.

24 years young here. Got my license this year so only been riding a few months. But I foresee many years on two wheels ahead of me!

I'm 48 here ...been on bikes most allf my life...cars are an equal love of mine, and in the winter it's sleds......I built my bobber this last winter and have been having a blast on it, even though it is not even painted (still raw steel) yet.....my other bike is an '04 HD RoadKing with many miles of pavement under it...
Tom

I'm 30 years old....I started riding dirtbikes and 4-wheelers at 9, I had a 91 CBR600, and a 96 CBR600. I started my fist build last year. I am currently building a 1974 XS650 chopper, and I just bought a 1978 ( I think) CB750 roller that I am going to build into a Cafe Racer style bike after the XS is done. I am being selfish with pics right now... at least until I'm a little closer to done then I will start posting them up.

Thanks Allroy :thumbsup:

27 Years old. I goofed off on dirt bikes and quads as a kid. just like everyone who grew up in the midwest.

I started actually riding around 7 years ago. I got a 1982 Honda 200t twin-star and wrenched on it until it purred. i am a woodworker, so i know how to use tools. but metal and machines are still a mystery to me. doing my best to learn as much as i can. I love to know how to do things for myself and would never dream of paying someone to fix my bike for me.

after my first bike i got really into dual sporting when i lived in Colorado. Now after a year without a bike after moving to seattle, i could not be more thrilled to be back on two wheels.

65 y/o here - just been riding when I can along the way - started at 17 with a Yamaha 50 cc cutaway - 37 mph max! That was while I was a college boy. Been with small stuff all along - Honda CB 160 - CB 175 - CL450 - even a Suzuki 120 when I was in the Army in El Paso in 1970. Got the 78 XS 650 a few years ago - having a lot of fun with it when I can keep it on the road - it has issues still, but we are getting there - as I become more knowledgeable about them.

19. i got my bike in june and i am workin on getting it road worthy, and will hopefully be riding in a week or 2. It's a 1978 xs650.

Already said G'day on another post, I'm 53 and have been riding m/c's since I was 13 and mini bikes as long as I can remember. My first bike was a 1967 Jawa but wasn't old enough to ride it on the road (but I did) , and my first "real" bike was a 1973 tx750 yamaha back in 1974. Took a 20 year break for family stuff and paying off debts and in 1995 got back into it again. I'm not lookin' back

31, Jack of all trades master at none,, first bike been riding for about a year and currently looking for work and hateing it ;)

Charlie

21, Only been riding for a few months and can already tell that I won't stop until I die in my sleep and cause a horrific traffic accident. My first bike is a 75 xs650 entirely stock except the seat... which is extremely comfortable. Haha

Back