What is wrong with people.....

There are deals out there....

Of course there are.

Just like ebay is not the only source, but it is the guide people use when the want to know what a part can sell for, then they use that guide to sell at a premium.

Price's on here have also risen from when the site first opened the classified section.

Market dictates not an individual.

I grabbed this for a few hundred, great platform to start a build. Even after a build, in the north east it will never be worth $3k.

Depends on the build, kiddo. You building?

Mines in progress presently too.

Sorry no grinder pics. Haha Just hand made axle plate hardtail goodness.

IMG_20150405_182720_zps3ywkewir.jpg

Of course there are.

Just like ebay is not the only source, but it is the guide people use when the want to know what a part can sell for, then they use that guide to sell at a premium.

Price's on here have also risen from when the site first opened the classified section.

Market dictates not an individual.

Amen. The xs's are going up in price because there's a chopper craze going on that all the kids (hint hint) are getting into. Most can't afford a triumph or harley let alone work on them, and xs's tend to be cheaper, more available and easier to work on.

Craigslist is really a hard place to determine an actual price for things. No matter what decent price you put, you will still get a bunch of extremely lowball offers. Might as well shoot high in asking price.

The bike is clean. Not the best looking bike but at least it's not sitting in some mud hole with a stuck motor and asking $2k for it. Seems like most project bikes by me are worth top dollar no matter the condition.

How are you going to get that bow out of the backbone? It is before the weld joining the frame to the rear of the hard-tail.

The backbone is still completely in tact, stock and unmodified. Not sure where you're seeing any bow in the backbone.

Unless you're referring to the top tubes of the hardtail? They're not bowed. There's a ever so slight drop where the tube kick to join the hoop because of the angles I bent everything at. The whole works gets a custom pan with a cobra style tall back on it anyhow.

Metal wizard, I won't pretend to be at your level metal fab wise, your work looks pretty sick. But I would never slap a TC bro hardtail on my project and spray paint it, and call it hand forged.

Metal wizard, I won't pretend to be at your level metal fab wise, your work looks pretty sick. But I would never slap a TC bro hardtail on my project and spray paint it, and call it hand forged.

Hahaha

Check the build thread. There's step by steps of my hand made axle plates in there. As for TC Bros...none here.

I own and have welders, tube benders, plasma cutters, torches, etc. Then again...I own a metalworking business....sooo.....

I even run water jet tables.

IMG_20150319_070826_zpsmj1y32wf.jpg

IMG_20150319_071635_zpseq579o7z.jpg

Here's this years other build.

Screenshot_2015-03-26-18-32-07_zpsnuakpl0w.jpg

Yeah those look great, I would love to run the front end of gsxr. I have nothing against TC bros, I'm just into different styles. I wasn't saying you ran TC, the add was TC, not hand built. I forgot I posted that ad before. Sadly you see a lot of similar builds on New England.

My mistake in reading then. Apologies.

I've got a few gixxer forks. I build streetfighters, so I break quite a few of them.

I personally don't like the look of dudes build that you posted, but like I said, it's not mine and I'm not interested in buying it, so I don't have much a concern.

You should see the junk locally here for sale.

3000 for what is essentially a roller.... unfinished flat black xs650 shit box with a pamco "digital fuel controller"

The kicker start lever is the kickstand in the pic....:laugh:

Posted via Mobile

Prices are crazy like that here in Canada. It's even worse for CB360/550/750s.

...I wouldn't mind stumbling onto a KZ650 one day though, I hear those are great bikes.

Prices are crazy like that here in Canada. It's even worse for CB360/550/750s.

...I wouldn't mind stumbling onto a KZ650 one day though, I hear those are great bikes.

They are excellent bikes. Smooth as silk trans. And they are effing rockets. Makes you wonder how yamaha even stayed competitive with bike out like that at the time. I really liked that kz650 I had.

Posted via Mobile

I don't mind overpricing on craiglslist, although I want to message some of them what the market will really bear. My pet peeve is overposters with $5 items. They repost every week.ARRRRGh I wish there was a way to spam those guys.

My theory is anything is worth what someone else is willing to paying for it. When I was in the market for a bobber, it seemed prices in CA were quite a bit higher. Hell, I had a guy buy a 69 Ironhead bobber out from under me for $4500 that was in phoenix. Saw it a week later on LA craigslist for 7k. If you want a better example, look what Barrett-Jackson did to the price of older muscle cars!

My theory is anything is worth what someone else is willing to paying for it. When I was in the market for a bobber, it seemed prices in CA were quite a bit higher. Hell, I had a guy buy a 69 Ironhead bobber out from under me for $4500 that was in phoenix. Saw it a week later on LA craigslist for 7k. If you want a better example, look what Barrett-Jackson did to the price of older muscle cars!

My cousin was doing that with old Broncos. Buy them east of the mountains, drive it home, wash it, then flip it for two to three times what he paid. It's a good way to make money if you have the time to do it.

My cousin was doing that with old Broncos. Buy them east of the mountains, drive it home, wash it, then flip it for two to three times what he paid. It's a good way to make money if you have the time to do it.

Nothing wrong with that. Some guys have a knack for that kind of thing. Other's don't. A good way to make a profit.

Back