What Model to purchase

I did end up with a 1974 TX 650 and it is rough. I think that is the fun of it all. Got it for a low price, but the repair bill will be excessive as always:)

Attachments

• 20220227_160759.jpg
    20220227_160759.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 101
I love the Cinnamon Girl!
Had one, thats what I was looking for for a couple of years and then I found a 75 and damn if a bunch of 650s show up once and awhile
I just ask around and also ask if someone wants to buy one I already have too
I do like the standards and the spoked wheels

I love seeing the rough one's brought back! Congratulations!
Looking forward to seeing how you you get it done.

Cinnamon Girl?

Last edited:
Oh yea. Well aware of the song.
Didn't know about the 74 being cinnamon brown. I thought @af226 answered by implying it was the rust factor. I learn something everytime I come to the forum.

Yes, you've got a project on your hands there, lol, but we've seen much worse. I think the tank was changed. That looks like a Special tank (offset cap). Also, there appears to be emblem mounting points on the side. The '74 tank didn't have emblems, just decals.

Yes, you've got a project on your hands there, lol, but we've seen much worse. I think the tank was changed. That looks like a Special tank (offset cap). Also, there appears to be emblem mounting points on the side. The '74 tank didn't have emblems, just decals.
Yup, not original tank. I am looking for a 4 gal tank as the 3 gal special is in rough shape inside and out. But time will tell what happens.

Early Xs units work well and once sorted can get you from point A to point B. These models didn't handle.. stop well... and parts are getting harder to locate. I've attended many swap meets across the country and Xs bits are thin. The desired years seem to be the 77-9 standards. Better brakes, good handling, looks great. The Specials have their following and make great riders....once you sort out the sprocket ratios. Handling can be improved.
I've had all versions.... and can give the nod to the standards as the pick of the littler. But I had a 82' Special... bone stock... even the " buck horns "... nice bike..Yellowstone and back Via Montana.... Depending on your intentions... destination...between various parts suppliers and this group of knowledge... you really can't pick wrong. :cool:

Back