what spark plug boots?

rider119

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just got a new coil, part number 17-6822 from mikesxs, and not sure if I can reuse the spark plug boots I previously had that were connected to the coil part number 17-6803 also from mikes. Or if I need to get new ones and what kind? Thanks

Use NGK LB05F plug caps (not the "E" type). If that's what you have currently, then just re-use them. If not, I would get them.

NGKLB05.jpg

I've read it's best to use plug wires the same length but I'm not sure how much difference it would make if one was a few inches shorter than the other, probably not much. There is no "+" or "-" to the little wires on the coil so you can hook them up either way.

NGK caps will be plainly labeled on top in big white letters and have "LB05F" (or "E") on the side as shown above.

NewCoilMountedLeft.jpg

I've got some msd boots, they're grey and on the bottom they are labeled AGQ 053 and the other is AGQ 052. They came out of a yamaha stand up jet ski.

I'm assuming you have an electronic ignition of some sort. With that, you want to run a resistor spark plug cap. I don't have a clue what type of cap is used on a jet ski. I don't understand why guys skimp on the little, simple, inexpensive stuff. We all use the NGK caps. They're pretty much the standard of the industry. I recommend you get some. They're only about $4 each. The ones you had originally with no labels sound like the original ones from Yamaha. They look kinda like an NGK but have no markings of any kind on them.

Yes, I have a Pamco. Yeah that's probably what they are. I wasn't trying to skimp, just thought I might as well use one's if I've got them rather than just letting them sit around and rot. Plus I think it'd be kinda cool to use something not many others do, just be a little different. All said I'll be going to get the NGK's. Thanks for all the help!

Back