What the hell just happend? clutch out and puking oil

Like I said, you're crazy! :D I've ridden some dangerous bikes, but you got me beat in that regard!
Haha well I will say that being an adrenaline junkie is better than a crack head! :laugh: I love that it's just the essentials no added fluff. Sit down shut up and let it rip!
The owner of this bike is reading this also so...hey Tom I swear I was being easy on her!!:bike:

I recently had the same thing happen. I was running my chain too loose and it came up and slapped the pushrod. The pushrod broke into three pieces (one of them the exact width of the chain) and I started to puke oil out of the pushrod recess. A lot of oil came out really fast. Obviously with no pushrod, there was no getting the clutch to disengage. It also trashed my throwout bearing assembly. The wormgear and pushrod oil seal were wrecked. Take a close look at it if this is what happened.

I don't think a blown pushrod seal alone would cause this much oil.

Let's hope a blown pushrod seal alone caused that much oil! Now that you have mentioned it the idea of the chain being to lose and breaking that rod could very well be the problem

Everytime you ride the bike you manage to break something on her. haha. And all I wanted to do this weekend was change the oil and polish her up. But I guess I get to figure out how to fix the bike again..Thanks. Haha

Everytime you ride the bike you manage to break something on her. haha. And all I wanted to do this weekend was change the oil and polish her up. But I guess I get to figure out how to fix the bike again..Thanks. Haha

Speak of the devil!!:yikes:

That oil was dirty by the looks of the road so better off out of there anyway :wink2:

Still some bits to polish up but the tyres look nice and shiney already, lol!

Still hope it lives on tho! :thumbsup:

Back