What's this BSA worth?

Are you into BSAs? If not, don't bother. They have value to those who know them inside and out. Like buying a 63 Dodge or something.

a quick look at KBB.com shows a trade in value if in good condition of $2300 US and a retail value if in excellent condition of $4800 US.

Thanks IT. I like the looks of the BSA engine. It would be a cool project. Don't know how difficult they are to work on or find parts for though.

Awesome looking bike IMHO. And for the record, my 63 Valiant, although not pretty, took me down some pretty interesting roads.... "back in the day" Long may you run!

Finding parts would be the hardest part I would imagine. The cost if you can find the parts another thing to consider. The owner says it needs a clutch kit to start see if you can find one. That could be why he is selling it. I know about as much about the BSA as you do almost nothing. It would be a cool project not for me.

Hi hard y rd,
that one is in sad cosmetic shape but even so the asking price will be not much less than $2,000.
It will take a young fortune to replace the missing sheet metal parts and get it back to stock condition.
OTOH, as long as it runs you can ride it "as is" just fine as it don't cross PEI's anti-hardtail legislation.
Google "CVMG" to find the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group website and scroll down to the "parts for sale" column to find all manner of new and used BSA parts.
You could also seek out the BSA Owners club.

Don't misunderstand me, I think they are cool as hell. But if you are not a BSA aficianado, I don't think the cost and hassle are worth it. If you dream BSA, go for it.

do lots of reading...lots. I really want a Trumpy tiger or TR6C. But ill be saving alot to buy the right one. Learn all you can.

Factor in your time and $ to clean the sludge trap on an unknown bike.

That bike looks like it will drain your wallet...

Back