What's this?

madsen5

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 77 standart that I bought in pieces a few months ago. Now it's all comming together and I only need to put a few pieces on it. Not many problems so far but I've got a spring that I can't seem to find a place for. Please check the picture and tell me where it fits.

I'll intruduce myself and the bike in a new thread when I have it all put together.

Mads

Attachments

• Spring.jpg
    Spring.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 153
- hi...welcome...it doesnt ring bells for me...cant really get a good sense of perspective without something tangible to compare it with...at a guess could it be the spring from the sidecover bolt

I think it's to big for sidecovers. Also not valve spring ;o)

I got another picture wich show the size better. Creditcard and tape messure for reference.

The guy I bought the bike from also had several Triumph's BSA's and about 50 classic mopeds, so it might just be something that fell into my box of parts. I guess if you guys can't see what it is it probably isn't important.

Attachments

• Spring2.jpg
    Spring2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 154
I think its the rebound spring for the front forks.

How do I know? When I took my front forks apart to replace the seals one of those went rolling out and I didnt find it till 2 months later. Ended up cutting a small block Chevy valve spring in half to replace it.

your prolly right. it fell in your boxes from the guy you got it from. Take it back to him. he will prolly say' I looked everywhere for that damn'whatever it is' I just imported one from england, and paid a fortune!!'

I might just give him a call. He also told me that if anything was missing he would have it somewhere and I need the chain guard.

Thanks for all of your sugestions!

/Mads

Back