Whats up with TanksbyTigman? Can't get a response. Ignored.

NewestOnTheBlock

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I shipped my frame in to be modded, but now I can't get a response back. Prior to me paying for it and shipping it out, I would correspond multiple times a day via email with David, usually I would get a reply back in a few hours, but always within 24 hours. Now, its been 2 weeks since I've last gotten a reply from him.

Most recently I tried contacting him this morning. All correspondence has been through email (so I have proof). Still no response...14 days and counting

You might wonder why i'm keen on hearing back. Well In addition to the cost for the mods that hes doing, I paid additional money for a faster turn around. Which he agreed upon and told me would be 2-3 weeks. Right now, it is exactly 1 week past that timeline (counting from the day that he received it).

I understand the shop is probably busy, but that Is why I paid extra money to have my build be done faster. why tell me something if its not true?

I chose TanksbyTigman because of the great communication, and because of the great reputation. But at this point, I feel like I chose wrong.

14 days since I last heard anything from him. No frame equals no bike.

Anyone know whats up?

If a guy is going to take extra money to put a build to the top of the list, what does that say about him when he would have told those other customers their time frame.

Does he then tell them your bike is fist now because you paid extra money?

Maybe someone else payed the extra extra rate to be built first.

Accepting that sort of deal then expect what your getting.

Yeah a 'craftsman' that would agree to that, well you've just confirmed it....

Two or three weeks. Wait another week and quit being a pain in the ass with Emails. You have probably pissed him off already. Patience is a virtue.

If a guy is going to take extra money to put a build to the top of the list, what does that say about him when he would have told those other customers their time frame.

Yeah a 'craftsman' that would agree to that, well you've just confirmed it....

In hindsight, I probably should of thought this deal over more.

I did heavy research into the available hardtail builders, making sure that whoever I ended up paying would be able to deliver. Tigman was a good bet, I was debating on ardcore but with the recent delays and lack of communication, I went with Tigman. Researching the shop, its hard to find anything negative that is said about them, let alone them not responding to customers/clients.

Two or three weeks. Wait another week and quit being a pain in the ass with Emails. You have probably pissed him off already. Patience is a virtue.

Normally, I would say 2-3 weeks for any frame modification is on the early side. But what Impressed me about them is that they said they could finish in 2-3 weeks. If you paid for something to be done in a specific time frame, wouldn't you expect it finished within that? or close to the end? not weeks after? The reason I paid for a faster turn around time is because I am on a short build timeline. So each day counts.

And yes, I have been waiting. it is now the 1 month mark. To wait another week would be 5 weeks.

A little communication can go a long ways. But I just can't get any from him.

In the old timers world, a (drum roll please) PHONE CALL, you know talking and all? often worked wonders, have you tried that? text tag is fine and I do a lot of it but for complex issues and man to man understanding a voice phone call is only trumped by a visit.

Seriously, why post on here with this problem. I goggled him and he is involved and a member of other sites. Going on them and asking the same question will get a response from him one way or another.

You wont get any satisfaction here just different points of view.

gggGary's advice is sound.

Does he then tell them your bike is fist now because you paid extra money?

Maybe someone else payed the extra extra rate to be built first.

Accepting that sort of deal then expect what your getting.

To be fair, he could be putting in hours outside of his normal workday to complete the build without interfering with hours dedicated to the others.

These motorcycle businessmen are not in it for the business. They are in it for the motorcycles and have found a way to make a living at it. Don't expect good service. Just expect a good product.

When you can find both...keep giving him your money. Simple as that.

Tigman probably has plenty of business and has no problems ignoring your emails.

As stated above call him and talk to him one on one and figure that shit out.

Thank you all who posted. Here is a update.

I did end up giving him a call a few times, no luck as he did not pick up.

I did received a email response from him yesterday. 15 days since he last responded to me (but at this point any response is better than none).

Basically, he admits to underestimating the time frame. He has not started on my frame. He is currently working on someone elses and still has 2 more until mine (total of 3 other customers ahead of me).

I emailed him back, but idk if i'll get a timely response.

I will update this thread as things develop.

To say i'm frustrated.... is a understatement on how I'm feeling right now.....

Last edited:
These motorcycle businessmen are not in it for the business. They are in it for the motorcycles and have found a way to make a living at it. Don't expect good service. Just expect a good product.

When you can find both...keep giving him your money. Simple as that.

Tigman probably has plenty of business and has no problems ignoring your emails.

As stated above call him and talk to him one on one and figure that shit out.

Bullshat. 2 weeks does not mean 2 months, and damn lucky if that's all. Toss in the obvious ignoring of contact and I'd want my money back yesterday. I don't tell somebody anything that's not straight up, and I expect the same from a supposedly reputable shop. The guy had plenty of time for Newest when he was playing salesman. Total BS.

Back