Whats your weather right now?

Ahhh temps in the mid 80’s flowers blooming everywhere, spring has sprung in the desert Southwest........and now it’s high allergy season!
8283AAED-B59F-4F45-B5C8-541FC1254182.jpeg

53 started the grill to burn fish. 2 minuets later thunder and lightning then rain. Go figure. Still going to cook on the grill.
When I light the grill and it might rain, I have a piece of sheet aluminum and a couple of bricks handy to cover it. I don't want to crack the cover.

Well, my good buddy Lakeview and I set out early this fine morning in search of XS650 parts.
We were travelling in Big Blue (an ‘08 Chev Express mobile parts warehouse and bike hauler) and it was a beautiful spring day in the extreme south of Canada.

079AE21C-A383-4873-9909-C24B66E7BAC6.jpeg
BB9B86DB-F7CB-485C-8EEB-0DFC1D37A48A.jpeg
2A414B86-551F-457A-AAB9-198C34169C6A.jpeg

BLOODY HELL - enough with the damned winter already!

Pete

Last edited:
Meanwhile, 31st March in Saskatoon was (finally!) warm enough that the backyard snow melted allowing me & Alva to:-
Clean out the garage, drive the snowblower to the back shed and move the XS650 and the XS11 into the garage.
Tomorrow (so long as it stays a tad above freezing) I can start transplanting the sidecar onto the XS650.
Anyone need a sidecar-ready XS11SG?

View attachment 138087
It ain't no April Fools! It's the trout season opener today, and we woke up to 8 inches of snow.
Ha ha. The joke's on us. Oh well, it's supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow... :shrug: :wtf:
There's always the steelhead by the Altamar Bridge looking for salmon eggs to come out of the hatchery. 2 lb test on a noodle rod with black woolie bugs and pencil weights will do the trick.

View attachment 138087
It ain't no April Fools! It's the trout season opener today, and we woke up to 8 inches of snow.
Ha ha. The joke's on us. Oh well, it's supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow... :shrug: :wtf:

Well down south near Skan. we only got about four inches of that crap. I hate snowblowing that warm sticky stuff!
Trout season? If I head up the road have to watch out for the guys crowed around the fish hatchery, they mob that little brook on opening day!

Hope we are done with this stuff soon, have to get back to Rudy's!

Well, my good buddy Lakeview and I set out early this fine morning in search of XS650 parts.
We were travelling in Big Blue (an ‘08 Chev Express mobile parts warehouse and bike hauler) and it was a beautiful spring day
BB9B86DB-F7CB-485C-8EEB-0DFC1D37A48A.jpeg.jpg
Now that sounds like real Fun ! Way to go to you both ! Motorcycle parts hunting out on the open road is a very fine bad habit :thumbsup:

April Fool's day in Saskatoon brings 0ºC, a light dusting of new snow and the onset of the Canadian Federal Government's Carbon Tax
which will do Eff all to reduce atmospheric carbon release but will increase the price of just about everything as well as the amount of MY money the Bastards get to squander.
Guess my sidecar swap is on hold until it warms up a bit.

Last edited:
I just stumbled on perhaps the last "ethanol free" premium pump in Vancouver WA walking distance from my condo at a truck station. Its unattended and credit card only service.
I am absolutely overjoyed to have found it :)

I just stumbled on perhaps the last "ethanol free" premium pump in Vancouver WA walking distance from my condo at a truck station. Its unattended and credit card only service.
I am absolutely overjoyed to have found it :)

You should ship a couple of jugs of that stuff to Gary!

Well down south near Skan. we only got about four inches of that crap. I hate snowblowing that warm sticky stuff!
Trout season? If I head up the road have to watch out for the guys crowed around the fish hatchery, they mob that little brook on opening day!

Hope we are done with this stuff soon, have to get back to Rudy's!
Oh, I was there in January in a lake effect snow storm. Weather reports say snow falls of up to 1" an hour in a bad storm, but you should know that it can be worse right next to Lake Ontario or by Tug Hill Plateau. As I fished, my line froze to the guides and I had to dip my pole in the water to reel in some line and go into heated portable restrooms to retie. !5 minutes went by before I lost another rig to a snag and before I went in the restroom, I swept the snow off my hooded jacket. I was surprised to see another 3" on my shoulders and arms in only 15 minutes. I fished alone, that day. While on the subject, last week, on a segment on Accu-Weather they said the most snow recorded in a single year was on Mount Baker in Washington, 1141 inches or 95 feet.

Attachments

• washingtonoregon trip 423.jpg
    washingtonoregon trip 423.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 161
  • washingtonoregon trip 428.jpg
    washingtonoregon trip 428.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 141

Attachments

• Scolding_Mother.jpg
    Scolding_Mother.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 152
OUCH - I'll bet that stung a bit!

Good one Bob - or should I say, nobody likes a smart-alec Robert....
Drove close to 400 miles to catch a steelhead, and I wasn't leaving 'til I did. Brought the x-c skis, too, but the snow was too deep. Last year at this time, I was just heading back from Siesta Key, Fla. These are Mennonite women on the beach in Siesta Key at sunset. They don't rake the sand on their beaches, here, and leave the weeds to prevent erosion.

Attachments

• 2018 FLA TRIP and DYLANS WIFES WEDDING SHWR 1376.jpg
    2018 FLA TRIP and DYLANS WIFES WEDDING SHWR 1376.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Back