Where are all you New Englanders!?

I'll post some up in this thread if possible? I've been out of streetbikes for 10-12yrs and saw this 73 for sale nearby, I used to have a 75 back in 83 and loved it until some clown stole it and burned it:( This one was pretty much all original but didnt run, had siezed brakes, ripped seat, and beat chain. First thing I did was put in a Pamco ignition, flush the gas out and she fired right up and settled into the lumpa-lumpa idle:) I put new oring chain and sprockets on it, bronze swingarm bushings, tapered head bearings, fork seals, etc.. As time and $ allowed I also put on a second disc on the front and have oredered stainless brake lines for it. I'm going for the old school, resto look. Original paint has some flaws but I'm sticking with it for now.

Attachments

• 73 XS 650 002.jpg
    73 XS 650 002.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 73 XS 650 001.jpg
    73 XS 650 001.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 151
I'll post some up in this thread if possible? I've been out of streetbikes for 10-12yrs and saw this 73 for sale nearby, I used to have a 75 back in 83 and loved it until some clown stole it and burned it:( This one was pretty much all original but didnt run, had siezed brakes, ripped seat, and beat chain. First thing I did was put in a Pamco ignition, flush the gas out and she fired right up and settled into the lumpa-lumpa idle:) I put new oring chain and sprockets on it, bronze swingarm bushings, tapered head bearings, fork seals, etc.. As time and $ allowed I also put on a second disc on the front and have oredered stainless brake lines for it. I'm going for the old school, resto look. Original paint has some flaws but I'm sticking with it for now.

I think I saw your bike advertised on craigslist last year but you got to it before I did. About a week later I found mine in southern NH and bought it. I also found an 80XSG that needed a little work and bought it. I just registered it and put about 300 miles on it when we had that warm week 2 weeks ago. 57mpg and runs like a top. I know its going to see a lot of use this summer.

I believe the dude had it for sale thru the summer but had no takers. I paid $700 for it and thought it was too high at the time. As I've worked on it I have become more pleasantly surprised with the condition of the bike. Fingers are crossed as it hasnt been on the road full time yet.:shrug:

I'm glad to see you picked up a good runner and the great mileage is a bonus as gas hits $4 a gallon.

I believe the dude had it for sale thru the summer but had no takers. I paid $700 for it and thought it was too high at the time. As I've worked on it I have become more pleasantly surprised with the condition of the bike. Fingers are crossed as it hasnt been on the road full time yet.:shrug:

I'm glad to see you picked up a good runner and the great mileage is a bonus as gas hits $4 a gallon.

Was it in Bennington VT ?

Sturbridge MA here, no XS650 yet, but I'm always looking.
I do ride a Buell, as does Gordon in Orange, maybe we can go slow so you can keep up :+)

I know its an old thread but South Hadley MA Here, I missed this thread all these years. I am up for rides I have a few XS to rip around, cant wait. I have missed 2 out of the last 3 summers so this year is gonna be dedicated to riding my XS's

Weather looks great, and the bike seems to be running just fine... Gonna be putting some miles on this weekend! Hope to see a few other XS's out there... :bike:

North Hampton here, however I am Active Duty and currently reside in the Republic of Califonia. we just moved from VT to Monterey last year. the weather is nice....I have an 80 that I am chopping up and had to reach all the way back to the great New England area to get some assistance with the build.

80 Rat Bobber from midcoast Maine. Always down for a ride. At work right now so no pics of my bike at the moment. Now that mine can go down the road I guess I really should get some pics posted.

Love riding Mid coast, I lived in Rockland for a while and had fun with Stoneys Lobster Run, do they still have that?
My 80 is on the bench, getting cut streched and lowererd. I still have my Dyna and Ridgeback to ride while I work the project.

Lobster run is alive and strong even after Stoney has passed. Its on August 4th this year, though its not going to boothbay this year. Its heading to montsweag road house in wisscasset. Not sure how I feel about that...

Do they still meet in Bath? that was always a good time. For me the destination was not as fun as the event. I have not found anything close to that out here, not yet.

Start point is fort andros in brunswick now. With around 3000 bikes it is a sight to see. From anywhere in the middle you can't see the start or the end to the line of bikes.

That is awsome, anyone in the area who has read this should attend. I know I would be there If I was not out here in Cali,

Back