Where to start on my xs650 suggestions please

Your bike may not be total toast. I have a (mostly) stock, mostly complete '75 that I thought was siezed(only 9,300 miles!). It wasn't the motor that was siezed, but the generator looked like it had barnacles on it! After hosing with WD-40, I put a breaker bar on the crank bolt and started 'bonking' the end of the breaker bar with a rubber mallet. After I had cracked loose the 'crust', it began turning freely. Everything appeared to be okay, but now I'm dealing with bad coils and leaky plumbing. When I replace the coils, all the hoses, and rebuild the petcocks, I'll be ready to test-fire this beast. The title (and/or registration, depending on which state you live in) is a different matter. I also have an '81 Special (12k miles) that might be closer to running, but I'm not going to put a dime in it until I can get it papered. Here in the great state of New York (Excelsior!) the newspapers can print your name and address if you have a pistol permit, but the DMV can't do a title search for you to find the last known titled owner due to "privacy laws". Doesn't seem fair, somehow... :wtf:

Posted via Mobile

Back