Which Uni Filters to use on BS38s

ScooterMagoo

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I searched and searched the forums and can't find what I'm looking for. What is the model number of Uni filter that will fit BS38s. These are on a 75.

or, get ruler, tape measure, calipers, verniers, etc etc and measure o/d of intake and buy whataver size filter you need..

I just installed UNI UP4200 filters on my 76 with BS38s just the other day. Fit perfectly. Perfect fit on the carbs, and not too long. As found in my research on this site (just searched UNI on this site), some main jet changes are probably in order. I'm finding I will need to go richer. Also, if you're used to the stock airboxes, be prepared for some different sounds. One thing for sure, it makes doing any maintenance in the area of the carbs much easier. I'm pleased with them.

Thanks for the all the helpful responses, except you, Demorgan. Get bent, effing smart ass. The reason I'm here is to tap into the knowledge of all the experienced members here, which I appreciate immensely. I'm not here to read some useless, bullshit opinion from some jackass newbie with a total of 4 posts that just joined the forum this month. Not a good way to make a first impression, idiot.

Last edited:
Hey, sorry pal, wasnt meant to be taken out o sorts, ye know how the interweb lacks a certain subtlety! My point was, that i had the same problem on a different bike, that didnt really have a lot in the way of sporty aftermarket gear, so was scratchig me head until i realised that if i just measure it and entered that measurement and "airfilter" into google - BOSH! all i wanted and more! easy!

yeah, am green here, aint lookin to stir it up! cheers!

The PK-82s and 92s are the stubby versions. I don't think they flow as much air as the 4200. I realize hard tail guys may need them because of limited space, but if you have a stocker, the UP4200 is a better choice in my opinion. Now, this is for the BS38s. The BS34s use something different.

I don't know if the PK 92 are the correct ones for 38's or not but they work for me. I can't remember if TC sent the wrong ones or i screwed up the order.

Back