Who here is 90 years old?

xjwmx

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
One of the regular posters responded to me once in a thread that he was 90-something years old. I can't find the post now.

Most of me is 59 but my right knee has been assessed as being 121 years old. I think that makes my carcass an average of about 90 years old.

Oh - well, if you want to talk about emotional age.....about 17-1/2 or so!!
:laugh2:
Our Resident Psychologist is back at it again !

Come springtime, we might just have a competition on our hands as to who is younger.
Or more impulsive,
or more reckless........or who has more fun with the throttle............:)

Interestingly, tonight my entertainment will be Turner Classic Movie's presentation of the 1962 remake of
Mutiny on the Bounty, one of the best studies of what it means to be a reckless (and brave) individual, but
ultimately the one who prevails.

1962-Mutiny-on-the-Bounty-03.jpg

My right knee is a little over a year old.
I was always a geek who never played sports, so I don't have all those injuries. When I hear some guy my age say I have a metal knee, or I can't move, I just think to myself Dang.

For what is's worth,

My father is 93 almost 94 and still has all his marbles ! He is a former doc and lifelong car nut who asks about all my projects including my Yamaha almost every conversation. His nickname is Duke. The tag line on my avatar is "Dukes Speed and Custom" which will be hopefully painted on my tank by the requisite alcoholic pin striper this summer along with lots of pin striping. ( if you are looking for authenticity and quality how can you NOT have a pin striper that needs a vodka to get his engine running before commencing his craft ?)

I recently asked my father how he was doing and he said "doing ok but I am not buying any green bananas"

I am 64 years young , Put me in the category that while I might be growing little wiser it's more likely that I am growing little more careful.

( the only speed shop I have is in my mind !)

off to NYC this am to do a a little cultural anthropology .

I'll be 39 in June. I'm constantly told I have the maturity level of a 17 year old though.

My 4 and 6 year old children also sometimes call me "really old".

Not sure where that lands me....

67 this August and facing the rapid approach of 70 with some trepidation.

In my mind I'm still a kid . I wear levis, T shirt and trainers and spend most of my free time playing with my toys :laugh2:

but in the mornings it takes me an hour and 2x cups of tea to wake up and whenever I pass a mirror I see this balding overweight elderly gentleman with tired eyes and sagging wrinkled skin staring back at me . :(

Must look on the bright side though. Some years ago on the main road into the next village there lived a 90 year old Scot who had an old decrepid BMW R100 bike parked outside the bedroom window of his tiny roadside cottage . There were always wires attached to the bike from the window charging the battery. Occasionally you'd see him pootling along the local country lanes with his kilt blowing up in the wind .
One very early Winter morning he lost it on an icy bend on a lonely country road and a little bit of local History was gone forever. Isn't that the way to go rather than some impersonal Hospital or Care Home bed

Last edited:
Back