Why do people hide their xs's?

I have 5 XSs at the moment. I plan on reducing that number over the next year, but how can it be a motorcycle if it doesn't ever get to run? Motorcycles were designed and built to run. That is their purpose so, as the saying goes, ride 'em, don't hide 'em!

By the way. I have seen Shovel Jockey's bike and it is beautiful. If it were mine I would ride it too! It's way to nice to be hidden away!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the comment Barry, I put 10K miles on the '78 in 12 months! Joe

Most are probably like me . Ride it on weekends and there is ALWAYS something to do to them . Detail , improve , and what better a place to do it in your loungeroom. I live in a unit and would NEVER leave it (my xs) out there for some jealous stupid gronk to damage or steal cause for whatever reason they are incapable of doing what we all have and earnt it! If I (dopey bugger I am) can do it anyone can ! Believe me !!! So does that help answer your question lol? :) I'm in Australia and even here there aren't many out and about ! Pity ! They are a good sight to see!

Bahaha

That's because to be a real biker you have to spend the big bucks and pay others to work on your bike.:wink2:

I am in Northwest Arkansas...Bikes blues and BBQ and all that...hundreds and thousands of bikes...and I am the only XS head I know around here.

hay real bikers fix there own, or have brothers that do! R U B 's are not real bikers.Real
bikers work hard play hard and ride hard,we ride rain or shine hot or cold we ride.not every one who rides are bikers so don't confuse the two they are two difrent people.some bikers ride HD's(club rules) some don't, some riders ride HD's some don't!!!
all that matters is we all ride :bike: F.T.W...:bike:

I'm out in Phoenix and I haven't seen any other xs's around here. Like everyone is saying hardtail xs650 only exist online and in magazines lol I wish I could find more people here with them to ride with

Posted via Mobile

I know after I get my XS up and running we'll be out and about on S. AZ roads. Just like we were before the rebuild.

I've only seen one (besides mine) in my area. I know A guy who has an (I think a 78-79 xs650 special in the garage at his daughter house, been trying to get him to show it to me, I told I'd look it over and maybe buy it.

I'm from Erie, PA. As some if you know I fell into the xs club by accident after buying an xj650. A guy I work with told me his dad knows these bikes inside and out, drag races one that even has nitrous on it. Well after meeting him I came to realize the 650 I had just purchased was an Xj and he had XS 650s. Did you catch that? 650eees. Yeah the guy owns 8-10 of them! He isn't even sure. Crawling through is storage is like a time capsule of xs 650s. So if there is one guy like that then there are a hundred. Crusty old xs hording coots. I love the guy, has taught me everything I know about the XS. My XS Miagi!

Last edited:
Back