Why do people hide their xs's?

Been riding mine everyday that there's been no rain since April (and even a few days with lol) including yesterday. I ride all over Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Kent. Where the hell are the xs's in the NEO?

I have a Sportie tank on my chopper but the hardtail is all mine. Also I dont turn wrenches and work steel for a living, I haul it behind a Freightliner. Am I still a biker? Can I still play? Never seen another XS anywhere around here but in my living room and back yard!

I remember a decade or so ago there were a few salvage yards around here that were way more interested in filling up shipping containers to send to japan than they were selling any of us locals parts. I can imagine that lots of these bikes along with the older kawi z1 and kz 1000s met the same fate. parts for them are super scarce around these parts!

Whats the price for steel and aluminum by the pound ?
Maybe its more profitable to sell salvage yard bikes by the pound for the metals now a days ?
1981 was the last year for real copper pennies cuz 1 copper penny is worth more than a penny.

^ Around here a 400lb bike would go for about $33 at today's scrap prices. I just junked a 4,800 lb van and got about $390 for it.

$33 bucks for 400 lbs of steel, wow didnt know it was that low.

Mayor guiliani sent all the evidence, i mean demolished steel from the world trade center to China for the scrap steel price immedietly when cleaning up manhattan.
The price for the steel could not of covered the shipping cost via boat to get rid of the evidence before it could be fully analyized or inspected for explosive residues.

Most people dont wonder about those details.

But if "fire melting the steel at 1500 degrees f causing a free fall collpase speed" doesnt make you think about it, why would you wonder about anything else they told us ?

steel conducts heat, keroscene (jet fuel) doesnt burn hot enough or would disperse enough maintaining the correct melting point temp well above 1500 to make it all collapse in 12 seconds.

you know what Im saying?
It sucks, but im not going to pretend Im a fool either.

why question something we saw on tv?
it looks real in movies too, and it isnt the 1st time its been done.
only a well informed public can prevent it from happening again.
Ask questions, demand answers, www.infowars.com

I dont watch much tv, just a few things.
OCO build off --- Paul sr. vs Paul Jr. vs JESSE JAMES has kinda caught my interest. Cuz jesse james is trash talking at them and sending them x-rated male cakes and said Paul jr nose looks like the pig people from the outer limits tv show. lol
The teutals dont know how to respond to that. jesse has gained the physcological edge on them both.
but anyways, i listen to patriot internet radio shows mostly.
Television is a propagandist tool, mind control to shape your opinions, tell you who to elect, tell you lies.
My reference to tv meant, 911 was broadcasted live on tv for everybody to see the attacks as they were performed to construct the model of fear and to blame the event on others, basically a front story.
Why investigate what you saw? you saw it happen.

doesnt matter if its impossible for the buildings to collapse that way, You Saw it happen, thus how can it be impossible ?

False-flag operations have been used all thru out history, its the same technique over and over again.
after we give up all of our rights to be made safe, we wont have any rights left and we're in more danger than before by the ones who claimed they keep us safe.

Its a transition, closing an open society.
All the terrorist laws apply to us as well as the accused and the world.
Cuz terrorist is defined as "Anybody using violence ............"
Terrorists arent described as arabs, muslims, osama, etc etc.
Its a trick, 1 world government is the goal.

Once the bankrupty of our country is complete, they'll offer to save you after engineering the crisses. We will accept 1 world government as the condition to be saved.
15 trillion in debt right now, nobody can imagine that amount of money, thats already too big, a stack of 100 bills reaching beyond the moon from the earths surface.

Only a well informed, educated, survivalistic people can stop it, its being slowed down dramatically, but everybody, all of us have to get involved now.
Or I'll see you later at the FEMA CAMP once the interments start.

lets say it,
911 was an inside job perpretrated by a small group of criminal elements from within our own government, blamed on a patsy, we give up our rights to be made safe, fight wars of terror until the country bankrupts, then the real terrorists offer to save us from the crisses if we accept their demands of global goverance.
No more rights, everything becomes a priviledge, they are above the law and we are the slaves. Not a theory, its a blueprint tyrants have used for thousands of years, but this is the 1st time used in America.
Dont believe me, RESEARCH it - there isnt much time
Im off topic, so im sorry but love my country and you guys do too.

scobman,

This is not the thread for that and this is not the site for that.

Back to motorcycles. :bike:

I was in Daytona for biketoberfest and was looking around for idea's on my xs build and I didn't see one out :mad:

I was in Daytona for biketoberfest and was looking around for idea's on my xs build and I didn't see one out :mad:
Thats because XS's dont really exist outside of the internet! :D

I've never seen one in my area. I know they are out there since there are at least 2 other Delaware boys on this site... just have yet to see one.

A friend of mine got his XS in the early '90's for $50. He is still rideing that bike and only has had to swap the engine out due to the clutch cover cracking for some reason. He says its been the best $50 he ever spent.

I think I saw another one in Provo this summer, two mornings in a row on my way to work when my normal road was closed...but I never got a real good look so I'm not too sure. It didn't have badges cause it was a custom knee-dent tank. And there is an XS360 about a block from where I live, but I've never seen the guy who rides it. There's a 650 SECA that I see around town, but that is already not an XS.

I just turned past 1600 miles on my xs650 and out of all of them I have never seen another xs650 on the road! What gives? Besides car shows and meeting up with kent, I never see them riding. People online get tired of seeing harpegsdtailed xs's everywhere, but where are all these bikes kept? I get really happy when I see other metrics riding, but with all the harleys out there they are few and far between.

When Uncle Sam gives me a bit of money back, at the end of the month, Ill get my new carbs and hit the road. Ride em dont hide them. Im fabbing up a set of highway, pegs and am going to ride into West Virginia this summer. Rider magizine has great articals on good roads to ride. Hope to see you this summer. Mitch :thumbsup:

Joke em if they cant take a fuck. Whooo hoooo...somebodys bike is better than mine because the fabbed everything themselves. If we are gonna go into that kind of bike snobbery lets just all buy Harleys and look down out noses at EVERYBODY else while we are at it. Fuck that. Your bike is cool as fuck in my opinion. The ONLY reason MY bike doesnt have a tc bros hardtail is because the PO did the frame. I cant believe this forum goes there sometimes. You guys need to knock that shit off.

Outside of mine, Ive never even seen an XS650 in real life. Ive never even ridden one(not even mine because it's not done). Never heard one in real life and damn sure dont see em around here ever. I went on just hanging around on forums when I bought mine. It was purely on the hype and what I saw on here that made me even buy mine!

I live in the vintage bike capitol of the U.S. I've seen XS650's ridden here, and I've seen them parked here. I know about a dozen owners, and I've ridden with several of them. And I know that's just the tip of the iceberg. You cannot believe how much XS650s sell for in this town. Same for Honda scramblers and 70s CB and CM twins. They are trendy and expensive and you see them everywhere.

I ride mine as often as possible. Doing errands(if practical) and most rides are just to relax. I'm not hideing mine. I have several routes I do and planning more. Longer ones. Now I just have to find the time to do them.

Im hiding mine in my car port. Rebuild the rear drum, charge up, gas up, and hopefully ill ride today! I have never seen another either but a H.A. guy that owns a shop beside me claims he has built over a dozen of them. Im not convinced but maybe!

this fall on my first long ride on my xs i was running out of gas. i was almost to the point of walking it. then i seen another xs, i still chased him down just to give him a thumbs up.

Back