Why do people hide their xs's?

Im new to this site and Im new to xs650's. I just purchased my first on 4 monthes ago and then purchased an 80' special with 3000 miles on it for $200 dollars. My 79' is hardtailed and I love it and yea it has a tc brothers kit on the back and a peanut tank. But the only difference is that I built it myself including my rear fender and seat and all the other gadgets I could find off of donor bikes. Don't be talkin bad about the hardtails. Alot of us guys spend alot of time building our bikes from scratch and not web sites.

XSLeo, he said both.

For as common as everyone says they are...they dont seem very common. Besides my own XS, Ive only ever seen 2 other XS's in person. One was a purple hardtail while in Daytona Beach for Biketoberfest. We were in the truck going pickup plugs for a 79 Shovelhead. Stuck my head out the window and gave the guy a huge thumbs up. There was atleast 100,000 bikes that weekend....and only saw one XS.

And the second was when I was browsing ebay a couple weeks ago and came across this street tracker for sale locally. Come to find out a local Honda dealer/vintage shop had it so I stopped by to check 'er out. Ended up BSing with the guys in the shop for a while. EXTREMELY knowledgable group. However they wanted something like $6500 for it.

!B57FO3!CGk~$(KGrHqV,!h0Eyc)GBh+PBMvfZLyvEQ~~_12.jpg

:bike::bike:Wow I must been confusing when I wrote my "1st" reply to this site. Let me rephrase for you guys....... the comment I made about having a "tc brothers hardtail" and a "peanut tank" was because of a previous comment made on this thread. Seeing how Im a xs virgin and have never even built a bike before I ordered the tc brothers hardtail (great product). Everthing else I made (rear brake pivots, battery trays,fake oil bag, boat trailer fender cut down for my rear fender which I bought for $13 dollars from Nothern tool. Am I gonna lose points for that too? heres a picture of my bike before paint and new rubber. I was just simply defending bikes with tc brothers hard tails im new to this bike building thing and never could built mine without one. Maybe I should leave the term "from scratch" out next time because that seems be where I confused you guys. I hope all you guys have a great Thanksgiving !!!!!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 221
Oh yea the bike on the right is my 80'special with only 3000 original miles on it. Im gonna tc brothers that bike too!!!!!! :D:D:D

Attachments

• 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 206
Hey you thought it up and built it, it's your build. Funny how righteous some chooper builders can get. Did they form their own pipe, design and build an engine from scratch? Nope they used components just like you did and that makes good sense.

Hey you thought it up and built it, it's your build. Funny how righteous some chooper builders can get. Did they form their own pipe, design and build an engine from scratch? Nope they used components just like you did and that makes good sense.

I surely did not mean to miss lead anybody. There just poking fun at the new guy. Im proud of my ride. Not many can say they ride a bike " They half way built". Am I correct when I say that?

Hi. I was just looking at this old thread. What you were seeing was just me bustin' Teebs balls and him bustin' mine. It's all good clean fun. He enjoys sensitive people. LOL. BTW, bike looks cool. Is that an 18 inch wheel on the back?

I haven't cut up a good frame to bob or chop, I have touched every part, nut and bolt. I'm proud to say I built my bike. It's pretty much stock looking at a glance. At a bit closer look you can see many of the changes. It handles runs, handles and rides much better than a stock bike. It willget bettter after a few more mods.
A new set of rear shocks should complete the suspension upgrades.
Maybe differnt carbs, Mike's Kehien PWK's are looking pretty good. I might even go with a new cam. Got the bends coming to build a new set of headpipes. Mike's don't fit right, bent wrong.
So it's how your build pleases you, not how it pleases others. If others try to tell you it's wrong. Tell them "If you don't like it, don't look at it."

Righteous? lol Truthful, maybe. I don't care that someone puts together the rarely-seen-TCBros-hardtail/sporty-tank-combination. But let's not wax all artistic about what it is. I have no problem with it. If it's what you like, ride it and enjoy it. It's good when anybody tackles something they've never done before. I give full credit for that.

Birdhouse bumped this thread to comment about a joke shared between Tech7 and myself. I give Tech crap and he prods right back. It's all in fun. I bet he isn't home crying into his virgin banana daiquiri. (That's his favorite.) If you can't take it... too bad? Tough shit? You could also choose not to reply...

As far as what I think... why does everybody get all but-hurt over my opinion? Why so sensitive? If you're happy with it... be frikkin happy with it. You can't expect everyone to agree with you and pat you on the back. I haven't said anything about anyone's particular chop. I just hate that over-done combination, but it wouldn't stop me from taking it for a ride if given the opportunity.

Still, it won't ever be this:
xs650-chop-noid-IMG_2577-587x391.jpg

Hey! STRAWBERRY is my flavor! I hate banana... On another note, Teebs, do know anyone with a 80ish GS750/1000 fork? Looking to upgrade my 450. I got a 87 Ninja 750 fork, but I don't like the look. (need one?)

Righteous?
Still, it won't ever be this:

Pretty but I wouldn't want to ride it at much more than parade speed. And if it's parade speed I want the pasture is full O horses. They are way more "interesting" to ride at parade speed than a motorcycle.

Not right offhand Tech, but I'll ask around.

That scoot is EASILY ride-able at highway speeds, although I might go with a different tire if that were its main purpose. You're delusional.

maybe the vibration from the knobbies cancel out the engine vibes, eh?
whaen I bought my 650 it was trashed, I didnt know if sites like this existed . it was just supposed to be extra credit in welding class. bent the pipes myself, welded /plugged it myself. had alot of help from the yamamama, but the rear is all me.
my bike looks a little hap-hazard, but it is not comming apart
A very tasty example of a sporty/tc combo is the evin twin bike. nice flow.

149814_723511370394_14310932_40192132_3736686_n.jpg

Out for a cloudy Thanksgiving ride.

@youradhere

I agree, everyone everywhere says they are amongst the most common UJM's out there. I however have only seen 2 or 3 outside of a bike shows. I also travel to many major cities and am always on the prowl for awesome bikes; very rarely do I see one of these. Where are they all at?

No pat on the back needed here. Just some knowlegde from guys like you Teebs. Your post and others like yours are the reason I have this addiction. That bike you posted is a pretty sweet ride. I wonder if the guy who built that one used a tcbrothers hardtail on his first bike? I doubt it!!!!!! Life is good boys!!!!! Im off to eat some turkey with my beautiful woman and the kids!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never tire of peanuts and wassells, just like I will never tire of pussy and boobs.

salted or unsalted peanuts. I geuss im gonna have to buy me a tube bender and start learning how to make my own frames!!!!!! then I will have something to brag about right?

Back