WIRING DON'T BE AFRAID to TRY

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
I am almost caught up with my back log on harnesses but I wanted to share this one with you guys because EVERYONE is afraid of WIRES HAHA
Even if you have someone like me do one for you its good that you understand how it works. NOW if you are going to keep all the relays and keep the bike STOCK I WILL BE THE FIRST TO TELL YOU buy a stock harness. My harness are cut down for clean looks and have been used on some really cool bikes from members on here that wanted bare bones harness.
NOW these pictures may look scary but not completely done and this harness has all the goodies. This is Jay's Harness and he made his own box under the seat so he sent me a mockup for me to use. He also sent me all his parts so there is no question of what he has. This is a TCI bike and its important to know the plugs. Pins are different on the years and I am only going on what you are telling me but this one I got it all. This bike is a café style and he is using a electronic Tack/Speedo looks like a lot but really not hard to hookup even to a stock harness. One problem most have is they order parts not knowing if they will work. The only thing on this one was the key switch because we are using STOCK handlebar controls and some switches don't have a light ON in the switch. This is a kick and electric start bike so wires are all going back to the box .
Again may look crazy and I will post finished harness before I ship to jay this week. I test all my harnesses with 12 volts and I ohm out the wires too . So if you plan on doing one yourself do it in steps LIGHTS-CHARGING-IGNITION-ETC and buy some TOOLS. Good set of wire cutter, test light, Ohm / volt meter and have fun.
You can always ask my help or questions at DADDYGCYCLES@YAHOO.COM
Thanks Rich

Attachments

• IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1784.JPG
    IMG_1784.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1785.JPG
    IMG_1785.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_1786.JPG
    IMG_1786.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_1787.JPG
    IMG_1787.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1788.JPG
    IMG_1788.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 240
Here is a picture of the wiring for a Electronic Tack/Speedo looks bad but not really. These come with plugs and there are more wires for TACK and SPEEDO too.
This is a good switch that works good has OFF/ON/LIGHTS and I have tested this handlebar switch and good price works good with HIGH/LOW- TURN SIGNALS-HORN
If you are using electric start you can just use a good push button for start or you can use a car switch OFF/ON/START if you want.
Plan it out that's the key.

Attachments

• mini speedo wiring diagram.jpg
    mini speedo wiring diagram.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 194
  • sw.jpg
    sw.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 183
  • $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
All caught up on harnesses. All shipped out. Motors next
Jay your is coming FEDEX tomorrow is what they said.
NEXT!!!! HAHA Tough month of May

there is no try...only do.
All done with may? and still have 2 days left? Don't tell the mrs. You'll get a honeydo list for the next week, expected yesterday. lol
Im starting a build soon, you know how all the car manus. are making cars that look old? like the charger and camero? Ive got a 1980 with 71 drum brakes, 72 controls. Rims powder coated light blue, I want it to look like a 71, just updated. Kind of a resto mod.
So I will be calling you about a basic re-wire for a 1980 with early controls, starter, turns, and tail, headlight.
I got a long time before that happens ,though. next winter?

HAHA I get the HONEY DO LIST everyday you kidding. I been working since I was 14 yrs old. Finished high school in 1969 and was done school on Friday and my DAD and Grandfather had a job for me in the refinery on MONDAY. NO BREAKS HERE. I owned a Chopper shop and Tattoo place at the same time and my work day was 26 hours a day. I retired from the shop and still end up doing a 50 hour week. I guess my retirement is when I am dead. But every once in a while I get to throw my leg over a bike and get in a good ride and that takes away 10 years off these old bones just for a moment but that's cool.
Anytime you are ready my friend we can hook you up. Maybe we may try some old woolen clad wires to give it that old look. I have my harnesses now on some of the coolest builds out there and always up for a challenge. Just finished up JAY and his sons bike and boy did jay go crazy but that CAFE bike is going to look cool.
This bike was a big deal to do but turned out great and was one of the best harnesses.
Have a great day and KEEP CHOPPIN
Rich

Good morning,
I am one of those guys that you speak of being afraid of wires, well not so much afraid as absolutly lost. But I'm gonna give it a try. I have a few questions, After looking at my stock wiring harness I have decided to go with one of your chopper harness. But I have a box full of electrical components. What are the bare essentials needed to run the motor?
Battery or no battery? I'm guessing no battery means less wiring and I'm all for that but my head light will flicker?? My thoughts are to grab a chop harness and all necessery componets try to start fresh rather that chase the stock components to see if they work or not. Am I on the right track?????
Thanks, ragu from Maine

RAGU
I emailed you back and just need some info

MRYEATS
My harness kits are $55.00 if you want to tackle it yourself or my regular harness with switches in box are $125.00 or if you want custom with your handlebar switches or new ones I supply is $150.00
Would also need to know what you are building STOCK/CHOP/CAFE/BOBBER???

Cool I would run a battery and just give me the info I asked on the email I sent you and I can give you a price.
On ANY HARNESS I need to know
LIGHTS regular or LED
Charging System STOCK/PMA/TCI
Ignition System PAMCO/BOYER/TCI/POINTS
Tail Light placement ON SIDE/FENDER
TURN SIGNALS if USED
SWITCHES mine or Handlebar
BATTERY/SPRAX
If you are running a stock system I got to get you a TC BROTHERS wire kit so I also need to know pins on parts 6 pin or 7 pin??? There are three types from them
OK have fun wiring
Rich

Attachments

• 6 pin tci.jpg
    6 pin tci.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1423.JPG
    IMG_1423.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 149
  • TCB6.jpg
    TCB6.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 143
  • tcb8.jpg
    tcb8.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 164
  • tciplug.jpg
    tciplug.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 176
I am building possibly the ugliest 650 you will ever see, as a bobber I guess, here is a pic.
It may be ugly but she fits me like a glove, comfort, wide bars, padded seat, etc...

Attachments

• bob 1.jpg
    bob 1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 151
  • bob 2.jpg
    bob 2.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 145
Back