Wiring my early 1972 bobber

Philt

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Mike's xs sells a basic high output standard ing/xs charge pma package. Is this a good starting point. I have no other wiring on bike except starter leads and point leads. I'm new at this. Help!

Last edited:
Whenever I get asked about wiring up a bike I tell them you need to do it in steps.
Wiring up lights-horn-starter-switches stay together. Wiring up charging system stays together and Ignition and coil stay together. If you take the proper steps it makes it easy for you to learn and understand your bike. I have sold a lot of my harness kits to guys like you who want to start wiring up there bikes.
PAMCO comes with detailed directions and Pete is on here for questions
PMA is a two wire hook up to battery but install is not as easy if you don't know timing a bike
Wires for the lights-horn-electric start-brake switch are the easiest but takes time.
So I would read up on all that you want to put on the bike before I spent a dime.
I answer all who contacts me so if you get into a jam you can always get me at DADDYGCYCLES@YAHOO.COM
Rich

Mike's xs sells a basic high output standard ing/xs charge pma package. Is this a good starting point. I have no other wiring on bike except starter leads and point leads. I'm new at this. Help!

Hi Philt and welcome,
if your bike still has it's stock alternator & ignition in working condition, keep your money in your billfold.
A PMA ain't an upgrade it's just different and I don't see the point in swapping from one working system to another just to stay in fashion.
The '72's wiring diagram is so simple that it fits on one page fer Chrissake and DaddyG has offered to help at need.

Back