Wiseco 750 Kit wrist pin

grepper

fiddle futzer
Reaction score
Some time ago I bought an old style Wiseco 750 Kit off of Ebay. I'm now getting ready to use it. I had a local Machine Shop put in the sleeves for me. These are my pistons and clips
photobucket-1458-1325956880641.jpg

(I only have two clips, I would think the kit should have come with 4).
In reading up on this old kit I came across http://www.650motorcycles.com/XSpistons.html.

So do I need the wrist pin buttons or something else? Where can I get them?

Help!
:umm:

Take the pistons to a machinist to get the pin bore ends machined for the stock C-clips

I wrote wiseco, attached pics of my pistons and 650motorcycles link, but I don't think they will come out and say "Yes our product is defective". We'll see.

find another set of those spiral lock keepers for that size pin, spiral lock pistons the keeper groove is usually flat bottomed, the keepers mikes sells the groove would be half circle U shaped

Well I found my missing spiral clips. They were just stuck together... the slots are cut flat for the spiral clips.
So to sum up.
Jayel is saying just go with the spiral clips.
Others say have the groves cut for C clips.

Posted via Mobile

those spirals are very good they will work better than the C clips would, look carefully at them one side will be flat the other edge will have a slight rounded edge from being stamped out, sort of D shaped the sharp edge goes to the outside of the piston, locks in better just like circlips sharp edge out to bite in

Back