World's lightest Longest-lasting battery

C-Los SD

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I just recieved my Shorai Battery in the mail. I saw it at Long Beach International Motorcyle show last month. It claims to be the world's lightest longest-lasting battery.
It's lithium-Iron and sports the same specs as full size battery's but much smaller and lighter. The one in the pic below measures 4.25 x 2.25 x 3 x 5 and is 12V, 14ah and 210 CCA and weights 1.61lbs. For my cafe build, I was going to have kick start only and ditch the battery box, but since this one is so small, it will fit under my bubble seat and will have the juice to use e-start. I was going to try the A123 batteries, but they cost twice as much to get the same specs as a stock battery and bigger than the Shorai.

www.batterystuff.com
had them the cheapest with free shipping.

www.shoraipower.com

shorai_battery.jpg

shoraiandyuasa.jpg

wow.. thats quite the punch for the package...
I wish i never wasted 60$ at MikesXS for an AGM battery that never worked from the day i got it. Too bad he wont reply to my emails...

$150 is alot to spend for a battery though... hmmm...

$150 is not too terrible for a battery that is so small and lightweight, considering that some of the batteries from my local retailers are around $95-$200 and weigh 20 pounds. (mostly batteries for big inch bikes, ATV's, and goldwings)

I've seen people spend way more money of more useless stuff than this very compact high output battery.

Of course, I'm running a cap and perm mag stator on my 650, otherwise I'd get one of these.

Posted via Mobile

my sealed AGM batteries cost me 6 bucks, but im a cheap mofo as I said before lol

I stopped at a local bike parts place today and one of the parts guys drug out a bunch of small batterys for me to look at. The smallest one they had, which wouldn't even turn my bike over was $143. One that was slightly larger was $160, and it was still kinda on the unknown if it would even start the bike. These were sealed gel batteries. They had a small lead-acid one which was a little smaller than a stock battery and it was $60. I'm ordering the Shorai for my brat style build. It'll make my build alot easier and the bike will probably eventually go to my son, so I want it to be reliable.

I checked out the Shorai batteries. They sound ok. I think I would rather get a Braille. they sell one about the same size and weight but the output is much bigger. 360 cca's(0*), 486 ca's(32*), 904 ca's(80*) and about $150. I found them at Jegs www.jegs.com
Part number 147-B14115

They have them in other sizes. They have lithium batteries too.
The B106 is 6 lbs. 210cca's (0*), 283 ca's (32*), 527 ca's (80*). Smaller and still stronger than the 180-200 ca's of the stock battery. About 100 ca's stronger.
If you want a very light battery check out the lithium batteries. The ML7S 2lbs and 200 ca's. 5.8 inches long, 3.58 tall, 2.57 wide. $399
They have a ML14C thats 5.8 long, 5.75 tall, 3.4 wide, 548 ca's $1250.
Lots of good batteries out there, lots of different prices. I think buying the best you can afford is the way to go.

Back