WTF Mike's stock exhaust

prmurat

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed Mike's XS2 stock exhaust? I just spent 1/2 day on the left side: the tab holding the collar is where the outside nut holding the central stand is supposed to be; it is one or the other! Me thinks I will cut off the exhaust tab, I rather have the central stand.... Rear axle will certainly touch the muffler too... Why does redone stock mufflers never ever fit perfectly??? I installed newly made H2 mufflers...same thing: no free play and had to be forced in place.:wtf:

I have Mikes stock XS2 mufflers on mine. I had no problems with alignment. I am using my original headers. I am a little confused about the central stand comment. Maybe a couple of photo's. I will take a look at mine tomorrow to see if I can figure out what you mean. I would not cut anything off just yet. Lets see if we can figure it out. The rear axel was very close and yes i did pull it out by hand for just enough clearance. With it on the center stand I have about 1/4. Also the nut should be on the right side.
Thinking about the muffler clamp and the center stand nut, you should also have a bracket that attaches to the center stand nut then to the muffler clamp. Are you missing these for each side.

I'll try some pics mañana but the central stand is holding by 2 axles/bolts: one on each side of the frame, not a long axle.

hi joe here i have the stock exuast replacments also there should be 2 seperate bolts for ur centre stand and then a bracket for each with a hole heading rearward of ur bike thats where the muffler bolt goes in hope that helps

Thanks Joe... I'll look in the box tomorrow, but I do not see how it can work!

Also you need to use your stock centerstand bolts. The ones from mikes are to short on the threaded end to accept the short muffler link. You do need the links as stated before.

hey joe here i took some piks for u i believe these are the parts ur missing for ur mufflers hope this helps joe

Attachments

• IMG_2587.jpg
    IMG_2587.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2588.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 87
Make sens now... Not at all the user manual from mike says... Working on it now ... Will revert
THANKS!!!

Should not go anywhere....
f8596c60.jpg

Thks God... I just want a bike to ride not for concours!

hi joe here ok i might be jumping to conclushions here but that bracket u show is part of the head pipe its hard to tell from the pik .anyways iam thinking that if u had ur exuast flange bolts backed off at the head that bracket should have slid on then ur short brackets go to ur muffler clamps .as near as i can tell anyways cause when i put mine on i had to loosen the bolts in order for it to slide on and i got that tip from here so we all learn lol anyways i hope it works out for u joe

Flange fixed or not the tap was badly positioned to the stand bolt.. I am moving to the other side this week, let's hope it will be better!
I have another question for the XS2 and starting another thread!
Thanks for your help!

Back