XS 650 Gas mileage?

That puts you in the top 1% of XS650 MPGers I'd say. It's not impossible to beat 50 but most of don't get far out of the high 40's. Congrats on your tip top tune.

By reading some of his other posts it is obvious that xjwmx doesn't understand / believe in science . I guess you could call him a troll if you want ,shotgun , but I just think he is lonely .
Ha ha, which posts are that? BTW, he wasn't referring to me.

, but I just think he is lonely .
I was lonely til I met yo mamma.

I might as well try it again - the less gas you use, the better mileage you get. It's really simple.

I might as well try it again - the less gas you use, the better mileage you get. It's really simple.

It is simple, but it is meaningless.

It is a tautology, i.e. the conclusion is a restatement of the premise. Those who study argument and logic call that sort of thing "circular reasoning" because it proves nothing

In this case your "simple" statement (like your "proof" before it, which ignored throttle position and effeciency of the burn) does not support you original statement: " For highway mileage, the leaner you run the better mileage you will get"

That statement is incorrect.

It is an absolute and therefore subject to reductio ab absurdum attack. In other words, extropoltion of your thesis to its logical end generates an absurd conclusion which illustrates the weakness of the assertion.

The logical conclusion of your assertion is that the best cruising milage is had with a fuel:air ration of 0 to 1, which is the maximum lean condition.

Of course engines stop running on mixtures far richer than zero fuel and start melting on mixtures that approach stochastic.

The kernal of truth is that leaning the mixture will improve mileage - TOO A POINT .
But the "sweet spot" for gas milage is where all the conditions come together for maximum effeciency. As previously noted, that point, in practice, is a bit richer than stochastic.

Of course that all falls into your general defense: "fuck the facts."

Those who cling to their opinions in the face of all facts to the contrary are, to my way of thinking "religious" thinkers. Everyone is entitled to believe what they want but nobody is entitled to their own facts

I am perhaps too eager to burst dogmatic baloons.

So, I'll be the troll and you will just be the fool.

First things first. Do you agree that the less gas you burn the better mileage you get?

Which is more correct?
1 - The less gas you burn (over a specific distance) the better mileage you get.
2 - The less gas you burn (at a specific velocity) the better mileage you get.
3 - The less gas you burn (over a specific period of time) the better mileage you get.
4 - Is it farther to Ft. Worth or by bus?

Which is more correct?
1 - The less gas you burn (over a specific distance) the better mileage you get.
2 - The less gas you burn (at a specific velocity) the better mileage you get.
3 - The less gas you burn (over a specific period of time) the better mileage you get.
4 - Is it farther to Ft. Worth or by bus?

by bus, at least it seems longer.

Back