XS Charge

Irydebikes

XSessively enthusiastic
Reaction score
Hey, I know based on posts on this site and others about Hugh's reputation and quality. Just curious if anyone is using an XS Charge PMA and what the feedback is.

Use the search. If you find nothing regarding XS Charge, then there is nothing about XS Charge. I was nice enough to link you everything I found about XS Charge. Most of us are pretty helpful and will review new products on the market. The lack of reviews and responses to your thread would lead me to believe no one here has used it.

Last edited:
Jeez...

Didn't expect a full blown testimonial about Hugh.

I stated in the original post I KNOW his reputation, and dedication but he also started somewhere, yes? I saw a product advertised on an XS website and thought rather than just turning a blind eye, I would see if anyone had used it to have more info about products available to us.

Thanks.

My mama tought me that if you have nothing good to say then don't say nothing.
Leo

Last edited:
I havent heard of anyone using their product. But when you stack up all the pros and con's Hugh's kit wins my cash

it's awesome to see this kind of loyalty these days. No disrespect to the XS Charge guys (whoever they are) but unless they were to offer something incredibly above and beyond the the level of service and support Hugh does; there is no reason to even consider them.

do the smart thing: http://hughshandbuilt.com/

I initially provided the OP with everything I found on the internet regarding XS Charge, and my personal experience with Hugh's kit. He knows what he wants, and he only wants info regarding XS Charge. Sorry to once again reply on your thread Irydebikes, just helping you keep this on track.

The last I looked, XScharge offers a 130 watt PMA kit. Hugh's HandBuilt (That's me btw, not trying to sneak around it) offers 200 watt PMA Kits, thats 53% more power than our competition. The extra power is nice when running with no battery. You don't have to idle the bike up, and if properly tuned, you can have a 1 kick bike. I prefer to use Sparx capacitors (Available from LowBrow) when I delete the battery.

I personally have not seen an XScharge kit in person, I'm sure they work just as advertised. Doing a bit of research before spending your hard earned cash is always wise, especially on a large purchase such as this.

On a side note, I really appreciate the loyalty and support I get from my customers and the folks on XS650.com - it's threads like this, that make all my hard work and efforts seem worth it. Thank you very much.

Hugh

Thanks to all who replied!

Special thanks to Hugh for the breakdown on differences in power etc... Reaffirms where my money will be going and reinforces why you have such a loyal customer base!

It appears Mike's XS is now offering a PMA kit.Does anybody know if it is the same 130 watts kit made by XS Charge? Sure looks like it and the description of it is the same as XS Charge has.Hmmm... I know Hugh's kit is 200 watts,and for the tech support alone i am going with his PMA on my own projects.I have a customer that wants to go PMA and was asking about it, anybody know? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have the XS Charge System. It is working great so far. It basically uses the Mr Riggs adapter which seemed to me a little more beefy than Hughes. I guess time will tell.

the xscharge system is a good one. i use them on my bikes and i sell them too. 130 watts is plenty and nobody that i have sold to has anything but good things to say about them. i am included in that group. i believe the early xs 1 1b and 2 were 100 watt units. they ran the lights and ignition system. i think it was in 73 or 74 before that system went higher in wattage. the xscharge system works well with a capacitor too. easy start and great performance through all rmps. i am sure hugh has a good system too but i dont have any first hand knowledge of his system. and mikesxs is selling the same system as i am from rich page in florida. remember you can produce extra watts but anything more then needed is a waste.

All I can say is when you try to find XSCharge I just get a blank page, nothing comes up.
When I try to find Hugh, he is easy to find, just look here.
Leo

I have the XS Charge System. It is working great so far. It basically uses the Mr Riggs adapter which seemed to me a little more beefy than Hughes. I guess time will tell.
It would appear that some like to infringe on coping in order to make a buck

It would appear that some like to infringe on coping in order to make a buck

When Rick heard that I was no longer making the brackets, he offered to buy my tooling. I told him how crude my setup was and assured him that it would be easier in the long run if he started from scratch, which he did. The XSCharge bracket was entirely designed and made by him.

I think Mr Riggs did a great job making this PMA swap popular in the USA by developing his original adapter. I was aware of the contact Rick had with Mr Riggs and liked his adapter design. I had great service from XSCharge.

Back