XS chop tomorrow...

indiaguy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello all, haven't posted here for a long time,looking forward to getting into the groove again.
My story......
Brought my mint'78 XS650 back from he States to Ireland in 2009,was stuck for cash and had to sell it.
Been looking ever since for the right bike.
I think I've found it.
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/3548798
Should have it tomorrow.
Hopefully the rain will stop as soon as I get it,it's been raining since the end of May.
Irish summers,eh?

Welcome Indiaguy! Cool looking bike - I particularly like the pipes and the headlight. As for riding it, it's a good job we are experiencing one of the driest summers on record eh? (!!!). Is it all there, registered and running? If so then that's not a bad price. If it was the po that modified it, always worth asking if there's a box of spares to go with it...
Good luck!

Nice little bike there! good luck and enjoy it!
I'm looking for an original xs to tear down and do my own build from scratch

If any one here's of anything.....

Nice Looker, from here. I always heard it was substantial luck ta buy a bike on a day it rains?! But, then again, even here in the Midwestern part of the US nobody likes their party rained out. Chheeers!

I've owned it for a week now and it hasn't rained since.
I changed the bars,what a difference. I have to keep reminding myself that it's a low hardtail not my race bike.
Deep sapphire blue on the tank,a temp job to see if I like it,I do.
I chopped up a lamb skin and inserted a bicycle gel pad in between the layers to provide some level of comfort in the seat department.
It needs a jockey wheel on the chain,just for peace of mind.
It pulls really strong,apparently it's a 15 thousand mile engine. Feels like it.
I want to give it spoked Heritage Special wheels,a 6"flat rear fender,wide slab yokes.
That'll be over the winter,I'll ride it as it is for now.
I'm well happy with it.

BlueBob.jpg

Back