DSCN4828_zpsngxyueio.jpg
DSCN4842_zpsm5ggcvik.jpg
DSCN4890_zpssyrwbojh.jpg
DSCN4845_zpsyaoyev6z.jpg
DSCN4942_zpseieqlfwl.jpg
DSCN4940_zpsvqn7ov6h.jpg
DSCN4939_zpstjb4iozs.jpg
DSCN4930_zpsn75swcjf.jpg

A link to the photobucket page for more: http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/jetmechmarty/library/XS Southeast 2016

Next year rally dates are 22-25 Sept. Now is a good time to get on the list for a room. We'd like to have better XS650 participation. Come join the fun!

Last edited:
The old 72 made the front page, thanks. I feel like a celebrity. Dang I should have stayed. You guys had the best weather. I see that more 650's showed up after Ieft. To Marty and all the guys with the pink shirts, "You guys put on a great show and a great ride!" Hell, just going there and coming back was a great ride. Thanks, I'll be there next year.

But you were the lucky winner! I clicked and right clicked and just went to Marty's page twice. Guess I'm not a winner.:(

That was a great time Marty! Thanks for the invite. Made a lot of good friends quickly there and the rides were absolutely awesome. As you know I don't live very far from there but most of the roads we took I had never been on before. The curves were amazing and the views spectacular! Looking forward to next year.

Marty had they worked out the fuel supply problems by the weekend?

If there were fuel problems, they were a very minor inconvenience. I had a guy on a new bike decline to fuel at a scheduled stop. On the Cherohala he was indicating he needed fuel. The first two stations on the way into Robbinsville were out. He still made it to fuel without pushing it. No one else said anything about it.

It was get as get can from Townsend to Gallatin coming home. The pipeline break they said. I think it was more that everyone was filling their tanks and what ever cans they had and some had 5-6 5 gallon cans.

The old 72 made the front page, thanks. I feel like a celebrity. Dang I should have stayed. You guys had the best weather. I see that more 650's showed up after Ieft. To Marty and all the guys with the pink shirts, "You guys put on a great show and a great ride!" Hell, just going there and coming back was a great ride. Thanks, I'll be there next year.

You're always going to be a celebrity on that thing with this crowd. It looks great and sounds awesome! Thanks for coming! I hope to see you again before next year.

It was get as get can from Townsend to Gallatin coming home. The pipeline break they said. I think it was more that everyone was filling their tanks and what ever cans they had and some had 5-6 5 gallon cans.

There was a fuel drop up there during the week. I saw very few with no fuel on the TN side.

That is good. These are cheap rides until the price hits $3.89 which is the highest I had to pay.

Thanks to Marty and all the crew who helped out for the event, especially those who consented to wear pink!

And yes, the digital telephoto app worked at Bald River Falls

Two day trip home was marred only by a real downpour that stopped me Monday afternoon in Fayetteville WV in the middle of the afternoon. I could barely see a Sunoco gas canopy up the hill and stopped there, cleaned my glasses off and saw the Quality Inn 100 yards up the way. Was thankful it was there as the next lodging was in Summersville, another 30 miles away.
Arrived Tuesday after dark, tired, dirty and in need of a change, oil, that is. Rear tire has them old flat land blues again.
Time to get the luggage racks off and return it to its excellent, unburdened, almost super-moto like state.
My hat's off to anyone who does the ride back to Canada in one sitting!
SAM_4638.JPG
SAM_4640.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_4555.JPG
    SAM_4555.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 247
Special thanks to Mike's XS and to Len Chacal for the generous gifts. I think everyone that had an XS650 got a sump filter and more. Chacal sent us to sets of custom brake lines and new rotors for an XS/XJ1100. All very nice!
DSCN4900_zpsz9hw54en.jpg

Vendor Appreciation!
XSSE Attendees & XS Friends,
Please remember the businesses that contributed to our Rally! Those stellar prizes were a very significant contribution for them.

Len - XJ Bikes.com (Grand Prizes Rotor Set, SS Brake Line Sets(2)).
Russ - MikesXS (Literally DOZENS of XS parts, supplies, goodie bag items)
CycleGear.com - (Shirts, Locks, Tire Kits, Misc. Goodie Bag Items)
RockAuto- (Gift Cert, Spark Plugs, Goodie Bag Items)
Yamaha Motorsports- (Hundreds of Goodie Bag Items).

Even if you were not a winner of one of the bigger items, when the opportunity presents itself PLEASE pass along your personal thank you for contributing to our stellar event! I hope to continue to receive their assistance in years to come and your acknowledgment of their participation is key to their continued participation.

Very Sincerely,

I hope to continue to receive their assistance in years to come and your acknowledgment of their participation is key to their continued participation.

So true. And with digital communication it doesn't even cost the price of a postage stamp.

Vintage Yamaha Rally 2017 is 22-25 Sept. Now is the time to make a reservation.

I hesitate to start the 2017 thread now, because it get buried in The Garage. I've written to admin and requested they give us a calendar or event forum.

Back