XS2 Fork Extension or Lift?

Artyboy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been trying to find extended fork tubes for my 72 xs but not having much luck. Can find plenty for later models but not for 34mm. Anyone know where I can get a pair or even if there is another way of lifting my bike?

Hey guys,

Been trying to find extended fork tubes for my 72 xs but not having much luck. Can find plenty for later models but not for 34mm. Anyone know where I can get a pair or even if there is another way of lifting my bike?
Hi Arty,
You could swap in a complete overlength 35mm fork assembly? Mind you, re-lacing the front hub into a 21" rim would lift the bike by an inch, eh?

I have a set of 6" over complet forks with shaved legs that i bought from someone on here not realizing i need 35mm. They are in good shape with new fluid in them. If your interested

Hey guys,

Hi Artyboy,
still can't find overlength 34mm fork tubes? Got a "Bro with lathe"? Try this:-
Over bore the lower triple tree to suit a 35 mm fork tube.
Skim 2 lengths of 1.5" aluminum barstock to a slip fit inside the over-bored lower tree.
Neck them down to 34mm at the top to fit the upper tree.
Counterbore them 34 mm to slip over the exixting fork tubes.
Make a knifecut in each of the aluminum sleeves so the lower tree can squeeze them onto the fork tubes
The counterbores must be deep enough to put the fork tube top ends inside or above the lower trees.
I reckon about a 4" downward movement would be about as much as I'd go.
Sure you gotta tear the arrangement apart to change the fork oil. Make that a part of your yearly maintenance.

Ha! Yearly! Lol! When i rebiult my 71 forks the oil was more like sludge. A few years isnt going too far. Need new seals around 3 years anyways. Change the fork oil then, or sell it off before then

Back