xs650 build off 2014!!

March update:

I forget all that I've done this month, but it includes getting some paint on it so it doesnt rust, putting the engine in, building exhaust, etc.

IMG_20140323_183253_zpsf1252a53.jpg

IMG_20140323_183313_zps2b7d345d.jpg

A bit to do to exhaust still, need to paint it and wrap it (painting to prevent rust)
Next month should start on wiring.
Still need to lace that wheel to the xs hub, and install my steering bearings.
So much to do, so little time.

And still waiting on bars.... :banghead:

:EDIT
Originally, I wanted to run the exhaust one on each side and then under the rear fender and out the back, but was running into clearance issues if the tire was adjusted forward and springs compressed. Bummed me out, but I'm happy with the high pipes

Damn man I love this thing.

Missed my March update... my brother and I got the rear brake pivot and rear axle spacers about figured out. Waiting on bungs so we can mount our tank, and a pan so I can build the seat. Got a new buddy with at TIG machine so he can fix my crappy ass welds.

Got the motor in so I can sure up the location of the back tire and start with the peripherals (grab bar, oil/electronics tank, pipes, front fork lowering kit, billet triple tree & the such). Been held up waiting on the hook ups from the Greasy Dozen but those are starting to roll in. Should be making some progress now.
theChamp_zps0e2c2d2e.jpg
"]
theChamp_zps0e2c2d2e.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
uploadfromtaptalk1396793044309.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396793069311.jpg

What a good weekend! Finished up my pipes yesterday! I love them. I also got the seat pan knocked out, it's super comfy and can't wait to see what champco does to it! I'm a couple hours away from riding this thing

Last edited:
Looks good Livingdead, man your sure cranking along,I can't wait to see what Preacherman comes up with for your seat!
Hey do you still have my 16" rear wheel I left there, I need it for my build, I'm working on 2 bikes now and really need it, PM me please.

Got the motor in so I can sure up the location of the back tire and start with the peripherals (grab bar, oil/electronics tank, pipes, front fork lowering kit, billet triple tree & the such). Been held up waiting on the hook ups from the Greasy Dozen but those are starting to roll in. Should be making some progress now.

Hey Preacherman Bike is looking sweet, man can't wait to see the Greasy Dozen stuff your getting to put on her, anyways PM me about the wheel Livingdead got back to you and Thanks for being the in between I appreciate it. I gotta get cranking on my builds i'm slackin LOL

April update.Not much new.Got the engine back in the frame.Trying to catch up from a nasty Ohio winter,at the shop.Kinda losing interest in it.Need to get something done,sold my Savage bobber I've had for 14 years.

Made this last night not sure how long it'll stay, after a good solid shake down I'll be going to a foot clutch set up. This was just a little experiment, in between filling some orders. Foot shift / relocated clutch lever. uploadfromtaptalk1397225206290.jpg
Mounts to the rear motor mount, one inch tube sleeved to 7/8ths, then down to a 3/8ths threaded mount.

Ummm it's been a while since my last update and to be honest I don't even know if I'm still in it. Work got really slow so money got really low, I didn't do the $20 entry fee and I missed out on that sweat calendar. I'm still hopeing to make it to OH though. Hopefully ill get back into the swing here and get it finished for at least an appearance. Lots of good looking stuff so far.

IMG_20140419_094110_zps1a4suwxa.jpg

Bars finally on. Wiring started. I'm pretty much down to just small things after this which won't be that noticeable. Brake and clutch lines will be ordered Monday. Hopefully finish the wiring Monday as well depending on weather. 21 still needs laced to a xs hub. Rear fender needs trimmed on the front.
Down to the little things which take way too much time.

Dudes from www.oldschoolspeed.com stopped by the shop today to drop off the custom billet triple tree. Stand up dudes who know a crap ton about motorcycles! Hit'em up if you're in the market for a new top clamp or a whole set. They take yours as a core and set you up with what you see below. Can't wait to get this thing on the bike. [/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• OldSchoolSpeed_2_zps34667047.jpg
    OldSchoolSpeed_2_zps34667047.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 2
don't know much about got from a member on here e-bay has them it is small 4"
seems to be ok it's cast alum. it may be for sale not sure I like it I think I want something bigger.:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

I'm considering a Bates-type at 5 3/4" dia (I think) and about 55/65W. I think the 4" is around 30W. Thanks for info this will help me to "size" the light for my project.

Back