Xs650 motors completely rebuilt starting 1,695!

Thomas Racing Service

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Thomas racing service offers completly refurbished yamaha xs650 motor bored to a 750.. We completely disassemble all motors. Inspect and replace all componets.. We beadblast all cases, polish all covers, replace all seals and gaskets, replace friction plates, all filters, replace cam chain, install 2 brand new wiseco pistons (750) with new sleeves, full radius valve job with new seals, weld crank pins, inspect all gears, drums, shift forks and all other componets in the motor. Please call us for all inquires on these motors as well as options for your: Bobber, tracker, cafe, or stock road bike. Every motor that is completed is test ran and tuned here in our shop before it leaves.. Buyer is responsible for paying shipping.. There is a $250.00 core charge if you dont supply us with a motor (your motor doesn't have to be running) please call for a quote for shipping before purchasing!!

317-422-8149

there was a huge thread over at xs650-garage about a piss-poor engine built by thomas and the lack of customer service after the motor was purchased.... just wanted to throw that out there.

And $1695???? I buy whole bikes for less than that, several whole bikes usually. More power to anyone willing and able to pay prices like that. To me, one of the major reasons I own this bike is because I can fix it myself and for a reasonable amount of money. Thanks but no thanks, lol.

hi guys gee!!!!!! how expensive,,, why not buy a brand new 750 heiden kit for about 600 bucks and for that you get top quality ,,, and everything to do the job,,, then for a tad extra buy a new cam to help tickle it a bit more then also add on a nice pair of direct pull which are allready kitted to suit.. and we,re still under1700 bucks easily... and you have got satisfaction knowing you did it ...regards oldbiker,,,, all from mikesxs

Its does say complete rebuild If you replace every where item and check from the bottom end up think of the cost in price plus time for labor. Im not saying that its cheap or expensive but if you can afford it and dont want to go into the motor yourself not alot of shops around taking old jap motors.

True, but I think that's what separates a lot of us. We want to do the work.
Don't get me wrong. I, personally, can't afford it so I have to do the work.

hi guys this isn,t a xs650 .........but my other toy is a modified 1980 gs1000e,,, and abouta year or so back i rang a well known suzuki dealer ,,ex racer of my bike in outer melbourne ..to get a quote to replace the front and back cam chain guides,,, ,,,i spoke to the young workshop foreman.. so he started ....split the cases replace all gaskets ,,,flush and reset and rekit carbys they are old.. ump... er,,, check and replace pitted and damaged gears/ shafts,, clutch plates .. bla bla bla... ump.. er $3000 upwards... ,at which point i said ,,i don,t want to buy a new bike.. and later emailed his boss and owner of the business..just too let him know about the rip off . where possible DO IT YOURSELF... SATISFACTION,,FUN ,,AND when its all finished personnal enjoyment... regards oldbiker

Apples and oranges. Yup lot's O diy'rs here (me included) but If they do a good job and everything they say and your wallet is just laying there looking fat.... seems like a reasonable price. Even if 1 in a thousand XS650 guys says yes that's what 60 engines?

Back