XS650 Scrambler Build

Today I cut down and re drilled a pair of beauty plates, mounted the coil and horn. re polished and mounted the skid plate and cross bar, and polished the under seat tray and finished up the rear brake. This project is at the stage where you work on it all day, stand back 15' and never see what you did. I`m ready for the tank, seat and pipes. The bike`s not but I am!:)
scrambler build 001.JPG scrambler build 004.JPG scrambler build 005.JPG scrambler build 006.JPG scrambler build 007.JPG scrambler build 008.JPG

Today I finished up the lower controls, foot pegs, brake stop linkage and return spring, polished and installed the splash guard, mounted the carbs, re checked the initial ignition timing, installed the exhaust, stood back and looked at it and came to the conclusion that the Yellow plug wires just "Stink Out Loud":poo:. They`ll have to go. Tomorrow I`ll start on the throttle linkage and if the wiring stuff I ordered gets here yet this week I should have this done by April 15th?? We`ll see!:unsure:

Progress 001.JPG Progress 002.JPG Progress 003.JPG Progress 004.JPG Progress 005.JPG Progress 006.JPG Progress 007.JPG Progress 008.JPG Progress 009.JPG Progress 010.JPG Progress 011.JPG Progress 013.JPG

Thanks Pete. That`s all up to the other forum members. I`ll just be glad to finsh this one up so I can get started on the Mono Shock build. I`ve come to the conclusion there is no end to what you can do with the XS650 as a builders platform. :thumbsup:

Damn Phil... at this rate, you're gonna be up and runnin' long before me.:(
Lookin' good buddy!!

Looking good. What is it that doesn’t look quite right to you? The only thing in my feable opinion might be that the headlight could come down just a little. Your craftsmanship is amazing though. Quite impressive.

Thanks guy`s. The tank is only 1 1/4 gal. Willis has a good point on the placement of the headlight. I raised the tubes up about 1" in the trees but didn`t lower the headlight to compensate. I still think it needs a grab rail/carrier rack or something to balance out the rear of the bike??

Thanks Tom. willis was right about the headlight. I lowered it 1 1/4" and that brought the top of the headlight to just below the upper tree and centered up the brackets on the tubes. Much Better! No work on the scrambler today. It`s too COLD! I did gather a few parts for the upcoming Mono Shock build however.

Phil, I modified a BMW R65LS luggage rack to use on my '82 650 Seca. It's small and maybe be something for
your scrambler. Just saw one on Ebay...thought maybe you would like to look into it.
  • Sell now
    BMW R100RS RT R80 cowl mounted luggage rack Airhead Butler & Smith New

Back