Yam_Tech314's official build thread

My question is, what else will I need to modify slightly to get a rear brake cyl. On?
For starters you'll need either the swingarm from the disc brake bike or you'll have to modify the one you have. The brake stay for the drum mounts to the bottom of the swingarm. The disc stay mounts to the top.

For starters you'll need either the swingarm from the disc brake bike or you'll have to modify the one you have. The brake stay for the drum mounts to the bottom of the swingarm. The disc stay mounts to the top.
This was one of my main concerns. Do you know what year specifically I'd need for the swingarm? Tried looking at parts fisches and found nothing.

I'm also concerned about the brake pivot point, and the mounting holes for the rear cyl. To my knowledge, I'll need a different brake pivot, and to drill holes in my frame. Is that correct?

Far as I know the pivots the same.... but yeah, you'll have to add the mount points for the disc master cylinder. Do a "search forums".... I remember someone else describing how to do it. I did some measuring for someone over a year ago on the conversion. I'll have a look and see if I can find 'em.

You're lucky I keep my files organized... :rolleyes:

Disc master mount 1.jpg

Disc master mount 2.jpg

OK... I have a swingarm and caliper stay. They're still on a frame, but I can pull 'em if you want 'em. I went through the master cylinder awhile back, so it's ready to use and I have a reservoir that needs cleaning up, but I don't have the tube that connects the two. How's 40 bucks plus shipping for the lot sound?

OK... I have a swingarm and caliper stay. They're still on a frame, but I can pull 'em if you want 'em. I went through the master cylinder awhile back, so it's ready to use and I have a reservoir that needs cleaning up, but I don't have the tube that connects the two. How's 40 bucks plus shipping for the lot sound?
Sounds like a deal to me. Pm me good sir!

Nice! And having an assistant never hurts! That top clamp is aluminum (I'm sure you figured that one out, like, instantly) and will take a mirror polish. A jeweler's file works great at smoothing out the mold marks around the perimeter. Then after the (increasingly fine) sanding routine, shine 'er up!!! :thumbsup:

Had my uncle mix me up a special color to test. What do you guys think? Thinking this is going to be frame color. I changed my mind on flat/metallic black because it seemed too common.

I want the entire color scheme to be a bit different than common colors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-185322_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190901-185322_Video Player.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 118
Back