Yamaha dual sports

Beemerboy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I started the '78 XS650 tracker, I was restoring a 1974 DT3 250. Unlike the XS650, the internet support for this bike is nil.Anyone out there have a DT?

I bought a 1973 RT-360 Enduro new in '73. I was a sophomore in high school. It was a real ankle twister when it came to kick starting. Traded it on on a TT500 when they came out in '76. I have a 1969 AT-1 125 in the shed that I got out and rode on our track in the creek last sunday. There is or was a website called yamahaenduro.com I think it is still going but my comp. won't let me on for some reason. Mitch

I think I got a DT1 lower end around here thats dusty and crusty..maybe some wheels too

My grandpa gave me a dt360 when i was younger. They will take a beating for sure. I was a member of yamahaenduro.com for a while, its the best place for support I could find.

Hey I got a 73 dt250 and a 71 ts 250 these enduros are great bikes and alot of fun ! not as fast as the 650"s tho Good luck with the resto I'm trying to hold back from restoring mine

Attachments

• bikes2 008.JPG
    bikes2 008.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 56
  • bikes2 012.JPG
    bikes2 012.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 53
The 70's Yamaha dual sports are getting really popular here in the UK and good ones make stupid money. Over here in the UK the DT360 is rated as one of the most difficult jap bikes to restore due to the limited amount of time they were in production and also the fact that we never officially got them here in the UK, so all parts for a resto generally have to come from the USA.

Thinking about doing an early 125 as one of my next projects, but also fancy doing an IT465/490.

Back