Yamaha oem parts online shop

racerdave

^ Gone not forgotten ^
Reaction score
Looking for a suggestions for good online Yammie dealers for oem 79 650 parts. Any links anyone has? I haven't had much look in various searchs.

Star racing has allot of stock parts available. Yes, that is the Star Racing that Angelle used to race for.

I ordered a few things from babbittsonline.com with good results.

But I discovered that I could take the part numbers to my local Yamaha dealer and he could get them in in about a week, and if I picked them up they charged me no shipping. I'm guessing all dealers do that...

Dave I have had some good luck with Rich's Yamaha . You can get on there web site and check by model. Skip Willy world unless you want to deal with clowns! -

Posted via Mobile

WW, Ha Ha! There was 1 good parts guy there a while back. Been many years since I was in Richs. Hey, you should be workin. I'm tellin DD and MC.

Last edited:
If you have the stock springs take them to the hardware store and look through the springs there. Find one that size. Might be a couple bucks.
If your stock springs are won't snap the weights shut then take one spring and clip off the loop that hooks it on, bend up the next turn of the spring for a loop. If it is still still not snaping back, clip the other.
Once you get the weight to snap back, check the advance by shooting the timing light at the marks, rev engine. Pay attention to the rmps when the advance stops.
Should hit max advance at 3200 rpms.
If it won't go full at 3200 rpms then springs to tight, stretch them a bit, one at a time, recheck.
If it hits full at less than 3200 spring weak, clip another loop. One at a time recheck.
May take a few tries but worth the effort.
Leo

And then pay attention to how the advance climbs. Is it in time with the rpm(linear?) or does it go from nothing to full advance all at once?
I tried 3-4 possibles none worked as well as my old oem's.

No MC today! Seriously try Rich's tho. I said the same thing til I started using them after proscam shut down in morris. Plus no shipping charges!!!

P.S. DB said he misses you and to hurry back

Posted via Mobile

It has been awhile, but as I remeber the advance starts to move around 2500-2800 rpms and reaches full at 3200.
Not exactly linear but not on/off either.
Leo

Back