Yet another cam chain guide

3andit

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am finding my self ordering yet another cam chain guide.. What are you guys doing to keep that stupid peice of plastic on the mount ?

Thanks in advance

Where are you buying them? Most of us have concluded that the repops aren't very good.

What is the first sign that it has come apart.... Noise or visual of oil? Following this thread, as I'm planning to get a new one from mikes.

I'm wondering just how old the N.O.S. eBay ones were. The originals are failing quite a bit now because they're 30+ years old. The glue bond between the rubber and aluminum is giving out. Problems with the MikesXS ones include badly tapped mounting holes and softer rubber. The glue may hold but a lot of good that does if the chain saws through the rubber, lol.

It seems a while back there was a discussion on gluing the rubber back on. I don't recall if there was any luck with it. Might try a search. It seems that a good epoxy should work.
Leo

Hey Leo,

I was thinking about doing that but unfortunately this time around I chewed the rubber up enough that it's not really usable lol

the unfortunate part about the guide is you never know what it's going to do until it's too late

Posted via Mobile

Back