Yoshimura TRC-D Slip-on mufflers for an xs-650??

bpastorb

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I am starting my bike build soon and im turning an xs650 into a cafe racer. Im planning on purchasing the 2-into-1 header from mikes xs. Though I don't like the style of the mufflers available. The only one i sort of like is the taper tip exhaust. My question to you guys (as im a complete beginner) is, would a modern Yoshimura slip-on muffler (TRC-D) fit and work on the 2-in-1 header (and on this bike in general)? From the research i can gather the header is 1.783" and the muffler is 2.25", so with a reduction sleeve the two should fit together? is my theory correct?

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of impressive builds on this site which gets me thinking almost anything is possible. I've seen quite a few bikes with various sport bike mufflers all the way to the red cherry bombs that typically are mounted on cars. Basically you are concerned with the outside diameter of your headers fitting into the inside diameter of the muffler. So with a reduction you should be able to make the two fit together. Keep in mind you will probably need a mount to support the muffler and you may or may not need to mess with the carbs to get everything to run perfectly.

Back