You have got to be kidding me!

@ james,
um... i checked the water in the battery and i put 19 ounces in (distilled of course). That thing was bone dry. I have it on my charger/float maintainer right now. I took some readings and it appears ,preliminarily, that this lack of hydration may have significantly affected the voltage. Im feeling like a giant slice of loser pie right about now. Ill let her get a good slow burn tonight and update tomorrow with new voltage readings.

Thanks.

@youch
a little far the xs? Indeed, At least for mine. the weather finally broke up here and I cant wait to get out on my bike!

That was wish-full thinking. So as I suspected, the battery had a couple of plates shorted and due to the absence of electrolyte... well, you get the picture. Need less to say, i found a reasonable aftermarket direct match battery at O'Reillys for around 45 bucks +- core charge of 8 bucks. Not bad as I see it. The new batterys ship with the electrolyte/acid separate so you have to put the juice carefull into the chambers, let it rest, then charge. It takes time (14 hours) to trickle charge the new battery at manufacturer recommended 5oo Milli-amp for 14 hours.Details to follow tomorrow.

I remain extremely positive and look forward the rumblings of "Cold War". That's what I named my bike.

Well all of my voltages are back on track. My bike kick starts fine and runs better than it ever has. Took it out for a bit last night and it did really well. All I need to do now is get a new/used starter soliniod for it and I'm all good. (cautiously optimistic)

A name thread would be cool.

Back