You rode today? Where?

704B4F31-5509-4BEC-A0AA-27D1FFF74E9D.jpeg
Just a test ride around the block, show the kid the bike.

20190412_114215.jpg
20190412_115018.jpg
Out between rain sessions checking out the Vancouver waterfront and the Columbia river water level. Its about full .
The nice old gal who took this pic said her husband use to ride Yamahas. "What kind" ? I asked . "650 , then he moved up to a 850" she replied. People like seeing and hearing these old XS's

View attachment 138862 View attachment 138863 Out between rain sessions checking out the Vancouver waterfront and the Columbia river water level. Its about full .
The nice old gal who took this pic said her husband use to ride Yamahas. "What kind" ? I asked . "650 , then he moved up to a 850" she replied. People like seeing and hearing these old XS's

Looking good Randy! Happy you managed to find a dry spot in your day! ( your bike is looking great too) :thumbsup:

Took the SG out to a car show that happens once a month at a upper end mall. Restored BMW, Porches, Caddies and hot rodded imports are the majority. Then to the Carl's Jr. for breakfast. Then home for a while. The road called again and went out to Sandario Rd. to the Saguaro National monument West. Next stop was Marana Reginal Airport for a look round. Some neat planes there. Back to the highway to go home via a ride over Gates Pass. A narrow steep road with a 15mph speed limit. Popular with bicyclists too. Tends to back up traffic a bit . Campers are not allowed on that road but there is always one there anyway. Took another favorite road, Silverbell, Grande, Broadway and finally Aviation HWY to home.DSCN5974.JPG DSCN5976.JPG DSCN5981.JPG DSCN5989.JPG DSCN5992.JPG DSCN5991.JPG DSCN5999.JPG DSCN6004.JPG DSCN6005.JPG DSCN6003.JPG This cowling surprised me. I think it's off an AVRO Shackeltlon's Griffon engine cowling! While at the Pima Air & Space Museum the is one such aircraft there, it has all its coverings.

Back