Your favorite car 'if you had the wherewithall'...

'57 Continental Mark II. The "American Rolls-Royce". Only 4996 made in 1957 and 1958. Gorgeous car, way ahead of its time in styling and build quality unmatched.

I'm probably from a younger crowd, but for me it's an '88 Toyota Supra. Turbo, targa, tan leather, and BROWN! Divorced wastegate and straight exhaust.

I'm probably from a younger crowd, but for me it's an '88 Toyota Supra. Turbo, targa, tan leather, and BROWN! Divorced wastegate and straight exhaust.

One of my best bud's had one of those 88 turbo Supra's. It was large but in charge! I drove it across Kansas one summer to go visit my boy and GEEEE-OWWWW that thing had some grunt! 5-speed made it even funn-er to drive too!

1961 Ferrari GT Calif Spyder - red
or
1967 Pontiac Firebird HO - Linden Green Metallic ragtop
or
1955 Austin Healey 100-4 - BRG or White

oh, and my Playboy playmate girlfriend of the same era back. She liked.....to go for a ride....in my sports car or on my XLH.

I have a 1976 Bronco that I could never do without. The funny thing is I couldn't afford to buy it now 26 years later!

123111121258.jpg

After retirement I might sell my daily driver 65 Mustang and get a Triumph TR250 or build a Cobra. The Cobra has been a dream since I was a teenager.

I sold my 57 Olds 88 2 door HT, white/yellow-green to go to Brock University in 1968. Also sold my 66 (?) 305 Big Bear Scrambler.

Dropped out before Christmas exams.

The intake noise when those secondaries opened up would give you shivers.

Looking back, don't know how I could afford a car and a bike and insurance then.

Soooooooo many cool cars and bikes mentioned. One set up I WANT to build is to take a 1960 - 61 chevy pickup and set it on my '88 chevy 1500 4X4 frame so I can have a more modern drive train and still have 4X4 and a cool lookin' truck. I've GOT an original 54 chevy pickup, but it was my dad's and I don't wanna cut it all up. Dreams...

76 T-bird
65 impala
66 impala convert
55 Olds 2 door hardtop
loads of vw's bugs and buses

65 Impala... My brother had several and I always liked the fastback design, the eyebrow headlights and those 6 tail lights! Just a GOOD lookin' car. Wanna know one I want one NOW after years of thinking they were kinda hideous? 68 Chrysler Newport hardtop. There was a biker MILF in my small town that had one when I was about 15 and pumpin' gas and checkin' oil at the Standard station. Green with a green vinyl top and green interior, 383 automatic. She used come in and get filled with premium once in a while. she fueled a lot of daydreaming BUT now the CAR fills my daydreams!

My first car was a 61 impala convertable ($75 beater) but I always liked the rear quarter view of the "butterfly window" coupes.

3.jpg

Too bad the front looked kind of "tanky"

JC mom had one in the Tempest trim when I was 15, this shade of blue with a black vinyl top.

side.jpg

Too bad it was an anemic straight 6 two speed automatic rrt, rtt, ruuh. Back in the day one of the car mags swapped a jag engine into one. It didn't go well for them.
Sad story; at the dealer to buy Tempest, they had a left over, 66 base model Vette, could of had it for the same money as the Tempest! but there were 3 kids and band instruments......

Back