Ywain

Back in the 1970's there was this bloke Royce Creasey wrote in Bike magazine about his idea - the feet forward motorcycle or FFM. Well reasoned about comfort, control, aerodynamics and so on. Mind you, some of his creations were well weird.
He's still 'round doing electric feet forward bikes now...
From back in the day
Roycewalks+GreenVoyagerWeb%C2%A9_6180.jpg

The exhaust system that came on "The Basketcase" from the (dreaded) P.O. looks similar to the Delkevic 2-into1 system, as sold by Mikes, and should clear the forward control set-up. The pegs location should be sufficiently above, and "outboard" so as to avoid a hotfoot :yikes: situation, without being so far out as to cause problems leaning into turns. Besides, I'm a cruiser, not a carver... :bike:
decom2777-01.png

Last edited:
Cool Tebo! Yeah I want it all! Daylong, even for the old man, riding position, awesome brakes, handling AND cornering clearance! the 17" wheels with low profile tires have the frame sitting pretty low, don't know where I can run those pipes to meet all the goals. Tire sidewall height is one way to work the numbers a bit.

Huh? What? Where'd that come from? Could that be the foundation for a feet-forward, low-rider style bobber? Slam it! I dare you! :laugh: Not a Creasey/Gurney type, just an easier-to-throw-a-leg-over style....

Where the heck do you find all these? 650s have been slim to none in my area over the last few years. '78-'79, nice vintage. I see it has your typical leaking head gasket and blown fork seals, lol.

Couple bees buzzed close to the bud.
The guzzi is long gone.
Recently did an all nighter to Cleveland and back to get this 2000 S3 Buell but a bud saw it and........
The trip to get the 79 special yesterday darn near ended with the van full to overflowing with XS parts; engines, frames, wheels, carbs etc etc. prolly only cold weather and oldguyitis saved me (so far) from loading up a collection.
2000 ST3 red.jpg

00H0H_5cljWi7WBab_1200x900.jpg

It was on a "local" CL for stupid cheap crying to be rescued.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back