For Sale - 1973 Yamaha Xs

J-Rod10

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
This is a pretty rare find, a one owner 1973 Yamaha XS650 / TX650 with original paint and original paperwork from 1973! This is a project bike that would be a perfect candidate for restoration! The bike has 19,926 miles. It has been parked inside a barn for a number of years and was last registered in 1987-88. It is not currently running and will need plenty of work. The engine cranks over good and has good compression (I did do a compression test...right cylinder 138 psi, left cylinder 140 psi). the carbs will need cleaning/rebuild, points, etc. since it's been sitting. The rear brakes work, but the front does not. The tires are actually original as well but obviously dry rotted after all these years. The paint and emblems are all original and in pretty nice condition. There are a few scratches, but the metal flake still shines beautifully. The gas tank looks solid with no major dents and has some light rust inside but not too bad. The seat is in excellent condition for it's age with no tears. The bike does have aftermarket handlebars and extended front forks. If you're looking to put the bike back to stock condition you can change these easily. I also noticed the throttle cables will need to be replaced and the decompression valve cable is not hooked up. The valve itself does move and is in the closed position. From what I can tell the bike is all complete except for a battery and mirrors. Considering this is a one owner bike with nice original paint, a good compression motor and comes with the original title and warranty card from 1973, it should be a perfect start for a restoration.

Asking for $800 shipped

Thanks

001.jpg

005.jpg

014.jpg
005.jpg

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2
Back