For Sale - 1977 gas tank

tonyc

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I just received a call from a friend who takes dents from my gas tanks. I dropped two 1977 standard tanks off and less than a week he is finished. I stripped both tanks per his instuctions. Paint will clog his files. I have not seen them but he removes the dents without any filler. It is so good that you could chrome these tanks. These are original and not the thin metal. I will sell one the tanks for $150 plus shipping. The tank will be ready for primer and paint. I will bubble wrap and box. I am going to powder coat one of these and clear coat after my tuning forks are painted on the tank. Again $150 plus shipping from 93309. When I return home I will send pictures of the tanks. Thanks Tony C.

I had one of the tanks powdered coated and results were good. I now have to drop the tank off to my friend for the tuning forks label and clear coat. So far the tank was bought for ten dollars, $35 for dent removal, $60 dollars for the powder coat and $40 for the clear coat. This will total to $145 not bad for a spare tank. I have another that I will do the same and it will be red. I will have three tanks and three sets of fenders and side covers. It is like having three diferent bikes.

Attachments

• $10 tank.jpg
    $10 tank.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 148
  • $10 tank1.jpg
    $10 tank1.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Hi Tony; I'm also Bakersfield area. I have a tank with dent I would be interested in learning more about the dent removal person. Thanks

Back